Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just me or do the modified headrests for the 2011 C6 suck? I'm 6'-1" tall and when I sat in one at the dealership the other day, I found the seat very uncomfortable - uncomfortable to the point I would not even consider buying one with this new headrest design.

I'd like to know what product other C6 owners use to clean their rims. I have the chrome aluminum factory rims, that have some really stubborn, impacted grime spots. What is safe to use to remove them?

What aftermarket wiperblades for the C6 do the best job?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have tried a number of things to clean the excessive brake dust of the factory chrome rims on my GS (especially the driver's front) and found that what works best for me is keeping them wiped down regularly. I tried something called "Black Magic" brake dust cleaner or something like that and it did very little. Instructions said, spray on a cool dry wheel, let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse with clean water. No hand drying required. Made a lot od suds in my driveway, but that's about it. So I got out the "Never Dull" that I use on the polished aluminum rims on my '66 and went to work. Much buffing and elbow grease later they looked great. Now I wipe them down regularly.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I use Maguiare's Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner. It works well and is not as caustic as some of the Wheel Cleaners.

:cheers:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I used Eagle One chrome wheel cleaner and a soft bristle brush. Worked wonders. Waxed them right after and they look awesome right now. Gonna hit a couple of spots that I missed before and wax them again so that they are perfect..

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Dawn liquid and a soft bristle brush. A one gal container cost me $10 five years ago. I still have at least one year of soap remaining. Wash when the brakes are cool. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I agree with keeping them clean on a regular basis. A quick bucket wash and rinse every week or two. Only takes 15 minutes for all 4 wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts