Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We met up with the DCZ and Crew this morning at Mid America Motorplex. The DCZ had a rough night last night with the storms and a tornado or two. And then a rainy start this morning at Mid American Motorplex in Pacific Junction, IA. but after a little pep talk and a little drying of the track Patrick came back finishing 25 over all out of 87 cars in todays event.
http://onelapofamerica.com/history/2007/results/showResults.shtml?y=2007&res=EV04

A few Pictures.

The wet DCZ

Every one trying to stay dry...

From left to right.
RaidMagic, Dan85Vette, iburke(myself), and Patrick.

Patrick and the DCZ

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry forgot the warning......:rolling:

Think I got the link correct???:huh:

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Great update.

I never figured out how Brock Yates chose to make that last tornado siren, the starting bell for One Lap events... but it sure made everyone drive faster.

Walking the track that morning with Steve ended up being a long distance swim. The condition of the front parking lot (pool) was hilarious.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I can't get your link to work, and this link shows him at 52nd out of 87.

http://onelapofamerica.com/history/2007/results/showResults.shtml?y=2007&res=OVL_CUM

In any event, it sounds like he's having a good time!

Steven
That's the overall standings.

Ivan's correct, we finished 25th out of 87 cars at Mid America (the wet track in the pictures.)

We ranked 38th in the east event at miller, 38th in the east/west event, and 10th place in the drags at O'Reilly raceway -- all out of 87.

Of course, I also had a bunch of DNF's... and the videos will show you why. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Of course, I also had a bunch of DNF's... and the videos will show you why.
No one can blame ya there... if you drop your beer you've got to make a pit stop. No sense going three whole laps without a cold 'un.

Seriously though, at every track we learned something new. We had no clue that us joking about throwing the "One Lap" rules away was really what we should have done in the beginning. A much different vibe than any of us expected.

:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts