Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Road racing is a blast, I can't wait to get better. When this happened I was banging the gears down the straight nearing 100mph when I pressed the brake to shave off a little speed as I wanted to have a good exit speed to start down the main straight.

And... :huh:

Well, I felt nothing, pressed it a little further and I got this strange mechanical feel... then I whipped the car into a drift and put the brakes to the floor in hopes something would happen or I was gonna hit that wall hard enough to end up in the hospital.

After that the car tossed a ton of ABS codes. ABS brakes, traction control and active handling are dead in the DC Z. No workie. After visiting the Chevrolet dealer 2 miles away, because of delays in being able to get the parts we needed, we decided to pull the 2 ABS fuses and headed to Oklahoma with the hammer down.

We ran the rest of the week without ABS or any help from the car. Right now the dash has the "ABS" light on... and the check engine... and the traction control off light on ... and the... well... it flashes stuff too. :laughing:

If it had failed at the next turn, the same slide would have caused me to hit the berm sideways, and I would have endlessly rolled the car. Because on that straight I'm doing 140 mph.

·
DC Crew
2,503 Posts
Damn, i think id have to clean my pants after that. Glad ya didn't add the DCZ to the wall.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:surprised Holy ****! Lucky to get out of that problem in one piece!

BTW - Who's the photographer? Those shots are :smokin: (literally :laughing:)
Those are frames from the widescreen video being shot at the apex of that turn. He was in the right place at the right time.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Glad you survived another close one!

Steven

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Dang I would have given my Z to have been in the car with you...;)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Did you say you're headed to Oklahoma? Where and when?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
They were there. They are now back home now safe and sound
Hey Bassist....long time no talk since the chat went down.

Too bad I missed them.

·
Banned
176 Posts
So how did you get it stopped? Did the brakes come back after you pitched it sideways and stomped them?
How close were you to the wall? That's pretty sick.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
:surprised :surprised HOLY CRAP MAN!!! I was just with a guy that did that...oh wait, nevermind...:laughing:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
:surprised :surprised HOLY CRAP MAN!!! I was just with a guy that did that...oh wait, nevermind...:laughing:
:laughing: Glad the brakes came back.:lookinup: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts