Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
As much as I admire powerful cars and racing, these guys should be locked away. We all love kill vids and stories, and this one was filmed nicely, but they are in alot of traffic and it doesn't say much for their intelligence to race in those conditions. I guess they've never seen photos of what happens when you slam into the back of one of those semi trucks....maybe they belive decapitation is worth getting good vids to boast about. Anyways, I don't think the Z has much done to it and those 'stangs sound to be maxxed out in boost. Just glad no one was killed to get the footage.

·
Only green will do...
18,389 Posts
:agree: but at least it wasnt done on residential streets were children can jump out but nice video:thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
:agree: the vette didn't have much done to it and those cobras probably were maxed out they were fast my friend has that same kenne belle charger and he has a 4 inch pulley on his and he is still makin around 385 to the wheel he also has long tubes and some other minor stuff but those def had smaller pulleys and were maxin out the boost gauges but its nice to know that those cobra guys have to put 7,000 super chargers on their cars to keep up and still loose

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For those that haven't raced a whipple cobra, let me tell you they are f'g fast. I raced one with only 18 psi and lost by a car length. There should be no way that Z06 could have hang like that when both of those cobras are pushing 21psi. Something is up with that car.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
This is the Kill Section, right?:huh:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
This is the Kill Section, right?:huh:
yes, by all means it is, but take the time to read the subtitle to this area....

It's a Corvette, certainly you misbehave from time to time like the rest of us. But, this isn't the "I drive like a careless wreckless idiot" forum.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
yes, by all means it is, but take the time to read the subtitle to this area....

It's a Corvette, certainly you misbehave from time to time like the rest of us. But, this isn't the "I drive like a careless wreckless idiot" forum.
agreed, you also cant stop fast from 155 mph which was stated by the driver of the camera car. that gt500 with those mods is good for mid to low 10s if my research from the svt forums is correct, those high boost snakes with traction are good for low 10s and possible 9s, i say the z06 was pushing 550-600 to the rear wheels

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
agreed, you also cant stop fast from 155 mph which was stated by the driver of the camera car. that gt500 with those mods is good for mid to low 10s if my research from the svt forums is correct, those high boost snakes with traction are good for low 10s and possible 9s, i say the z06 was pushing 550-600 to the rear wheels
The first part of the vid looks really familiar. Looks like the on ramp from Schaumburg to I-355.....

Either way - that was a great vid.

I know If I'm driving on the highway and I see some sick cars line up on the highway - ITS TIME TO GET IN THE FAR RIGHT LANE!!!! :laughing:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts

Oh, pardon me. I forgot, you never drop the hammer on public roads.:lookinup:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Oh, pardon me. I forgot, you never drop the hammer on public roads.:lookinup:
I never said I was innocent of racing, I just use a bit more judgement then these guys. I'm sorry, but most level headed people will agree that in excess of 130-155mph is just too dangerous for roads that are as laden with traffic as the one in the vid. If these guys choose to do it, more power to them...I see it as natural selection, nature has a way of weeding out the stupid.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lets get back on tract here fellas and get back to the cars in question, not whether these guys were stupid or not

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm sorry, but.....

I never said I was innocent of racing, I just use a bit more judgement then these guys. I'm sorry, but most level headed people will agree that in excess of 130-155mph is just too dangerous for roads that are as laden with traffic as the one in the vid. If these guys choose to do it, more power to them...I see it as natural selection, nature has a way of weeding out the stupid.

How about the innocent person who got passed simultaneously on both sides---what if that's a mom with her infant in the car? What if it's your daughter who just got her license, and she panicked?

It's only my opinion, nothing more, nothing less....although I may not agree with it, I could handle everything I saw in that vid until I saw that....

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
:rolling: Yeah, that's deep.:rolling:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I agree with the original poster (Shannon B)....good races and I'm not taking anything away from those cars....very nice and fast. Sorry if I trailed off for a minute, but I'd have not ran in the traffic they did.

·
Registered
403 Posts
How about the innocent person who got passed simultaneously on both sides---what if that's a mom with her infant in the car? What if it's your daughter who just got her license, and she panicked?

It's only my opinion, nothing more, nothing less....although I may not agree with it, I could handle everything I saw in that vid until I saw that....
:agree:

Yeah , that pass was the only thing that made me go, :WTF that stang just passed on the burm :thud:. The vette really didn't do anything out of line. It was up to the cobra to get out of it.

Other than that, awesome video, they weren't weaving or anything, just running up on traffic and shutting it down.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts