Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jury convicts Tom DeLay in money laundering trial

AUSTIN, Texas – Former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay — once one of the most powerful and feared Republicans in Congress — was convicted Wednesday on charges he illegally funneled corporate money to Texas candidates in 2002. Full Story »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_delay...Ec2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDanVyeWNvbnZpY3Rz

Jurors deliberated for 19 hours before returning guilty verdicts against DeLay on charges of money laundering and conspiracy to commit money laundering. He faces up to life in prison on the money laundering charge....

more.....

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Bad time to get caught. American people are fed up with Washington and this will just fuel the "they're all corrupt" sentiment. We'll see what happens with the sentencing and appeals process but I hope it sends a message that we're tired of their crap.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
-And Rangel gets off with censure...

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Laundering ? Get your terminology straight -before making goofy posts. I suppose "ethics" is the new democrat word for tax evasion ? Laundering is what Rangel did by running 80+ K through his sons media company as a PAC... then theirs the "profiteering"... -or "grand theft auto" ?

Both should face the same trials... but you Dems cover your own while pointing fingers at everybody else.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I miss that ass-hat.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I would just like to know where they found 12 not right wing wacko's for the jury in Texas ?????????

:rolling:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Ethics violations vs money laundering?

pulllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz....:rolleyes:
Tax evasion is pretty serious for those of us who don't write tax laws.. but the guy writing the law gets squat, didn't even have to pay a penalty.

As for Tom, he will be fine, appeals court will toss this like yesterdays trash.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I would just like to know where they found 12 not right wing wacko's for the jury in Texas ?????????

:rolling:
****ing Ohio, apparently...

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Did I strike a nerve ????

:smack
No -no... I live in California. I'm surrounded by you extremist lefties... -always complaining of the wacko right. :laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
No -no... I live in California. I'm surrounded by you extremist lefties... -always complaining of the wacko right. :laughing:
Funny how they complain so much, but would be completely ****ered without us.. :laughing:

Put 2 conservatives on a deserted island, and put 2 liberals on a deserted island. 5 weeks later, no more liberals and the conservative have found a way to make coconut beer to go with the seafood.. :laughing::crazy:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Put 2 conservatives on a deserted island, and put 2 liberals on a deserted island. 5 weeks later, no more liberals and the conservative have found a way to make coconut beer to go with the seafood.. :laughing::crazy:
Yep, the liberals got in their boat and left and the conservatives are still trying to figure out how to kill each other so they won't have to share the beer and seafood !!!
:D

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Yep, the liberals got in their boat and left and the conservatives are still trying to figure out how to kill each other so they won't have to share the beer and seafood !!!
:D
I'll let you in on a little secret, the liberals didn't show their face in America until all the heavy lifting was done. Then they did what liberals do, tax and spend and redistribute. If I seen 2 liberals on fire, and I had to piss real bad, I would hold it and giggle.

The liberals on the island died of starvation because they didn't have anyone to tax goods and services away from.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts