Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been asked a number of times why one wheel locks up at first and then seems to be alright after driving a bit?

This is caused by fluid on the pad. The wheel that locks has brake fluid seeping unto the pads causing them to grab for the initial first few brakes and then works fine until the next time the vehicle is parked.

·
Registered
588 Posts
That has not been my problem of one or the other rear wheel locking;)

But anyway, my question to you is how do you like your 14 inch front rotors? VB&P is selling a C-5 13 inch rotor setup now for C-3's. I have been getting conflicking stories from C-5 road racers. Some claim that their brakes never overheat, but they just burn up the rotors and that C-3 brake are superior in longevity and strength.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That has not been my problem of one or the other rear wheel locking;)

But anyway, my question to you is how do you like your 14 inch front rotors? VB&P is selling a C-5 13 inch rotor setup now for C-3's. I have been getting conflicking stories from C-5 road racers. Some claim that their brakes never overheat, but they just burn up the rotors and that C-3 brake are superior in longevity and strength.
I am not hard on brakes. I tend to drive fast but easy. Last night I was running at 180 kmp or 110 mph and got on the brakes to test for any pulling. I only run organic pads to protect the rotors and for a one time hard stop organic will match anything. It is only under repeated racing conditions that the metalic or specialty pads really come into their own.
I also run hydroboost so my brakes are extremely strong.
Yes I like the 14 inch rotors, have absolutely no problems with them and again for that one time panic stop feel I have brakes that can match anything.
They make 12 inch brakes look small:laughing:
This is the 14 inch blank beside a stocker before installing the hat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts