Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
kruzzzn said:
How many vette owners here from Ontario ?
Are you refering to Ontario as in Oshawa Generals (God, Bobby Orr was good), Mosport Park (Moss hairpin, great spot for photos), OPP ("I thought the sign meant 100 miles per hour, what's a kilometer?"), Thunder Bay (birthplace of Phil and Tony Esposito), Queen Elizabeth Highway (is it really Hers?), and Maple Leaf Gardens (I'll miss it, but Air Canada Center has more restrooms), or to Ontario, California, where it's hot as hell and there ain't much happening until the Champ Cars make their appearance at Penske's new race track and they don't know a hip-check from a rebate check?

Just thought I'd ask, you never know, eh? :D

Ray

·
Registered
662 Posts
RogueVette said:
Impressive RT66Z06 !

but check is spelled Cheque up here ;)
Let me tell you ahboot the Cheque I had to write to the OPPs who didn't buy my story ahboot not knowing the difference between miles per hour and kilometers per hour. The OPP guy leaned into my Vette and pushed the Eng/Met button and said "That shouldn't be a problem now sir, eh?". I had to get an OPP that owned a C4.

BTW, OPP is pronounced Oops down here now. :D

Remind me to tell you the adventures of a Broad Street Bullies fan in Montreal some time. You thought Clarence Campbell caused a riot when he suspended Rocket Richard from the Stanley Cup Playoffs? Sacre Bleu! He was an amateur.

So, what's better homey, LaBatts or Molson?

Ray

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well did ya get the ticket, huh?

Actually I prefer Icehouse beer (American), but in a pinch I'll take LaBatts Blue.... or any draft beer :)

By the way it's Zed 06, not Zee 06 :)

Sounds like you had quite an adventure up here in the cold white north.

·
Registered
662 Posts
RogueVette said:

Well did ya get the ticket, huh?

Sounds like you had quite an adventure up here in the cold white north.
No, the OPP guy cut me a break (despite the increadibly bad excuse, which he found funny). As a matter of fact, Canada is the only place traffic cops have ever given me a warning. One nailed me just east of Cranbrook, B.C. (they have 94 octane fuel there, sweet!), when I was on the way to Banff, and let me go with a warning. Another was on the road between Edmonton and Calgary (I had no idea how BIG Alberta is; I thought I'd never get home and I was hauling ass).

I've had a number of adventures in the Great White North, all of them involving cars or hockey, except one which involved a sweet young lady from Bowmanville, but that's off-topic.

Hell, I should have gone to Canada in 1966 instead of into the U.S. Army. Had I done that I might still have my '65 327/300. I managed to get a speeding ticket in Vietnam, in an M-48A3. It must be in the DNA.

Ray

·
Registered
37 Posts
1966 in the US army .... Not a good time to be there!
Living in the warmth of California looks a lot better than freezing my brass monkeys off up here.
Next time your in the Toronto area, I'll buy the 1st round.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts