Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gentlemen -

I just noticed a small 1 inch by 1 inch open square under the glove box just above where your feet are on the passenger side ....

The local Chevrolet dealer says it supposed to be there.

I think it's strange and feel there should be something there.

To the right of the open square, there's a small light that comes on when Doors are opened and in Park.

Thanks in adance.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you are talking about what i think you are.....Is the square directly next to the courtesy light under the dash? If its that then that is the cutout in the underdash cover for the courtesy light. GM did that on many models of vehicles for years. The lights bracket slides in the cutout from the edge of the underdash cover and then locks into place at the end of the cutout.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Remauto1100 -

Yes, that's the cut out I'm talking about. It's a 93 Corvette .... but I'm not 100% understanding you.

How can I plug the cut out?

The courtesy light is right next to it ....

What goes there? And / or can I plug it ?

Thanks, again

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm not a 100% sure about the corvettes....youd think that such an expensive highend car like the corvette would have even smaller details like that paid attention to during design. But i do know that your average joe car such as the grand prix, cutlass, monte carlo, camaro and even trucks all had that and there was no plug that went there. It was left like that from the factory.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You should be able to see the vent tube coming down to just above the opening. If not, your missing that piece if the vent.
It's just hard to get down there and look in such a tight space.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jeff -

Well, looks like it's square cut out was by the previous owner.... That said, I can try and improvise and plug it by a stereo install shop or buy the new trim .... However ....

It's called : Panel IP Lower Trim or GM Part # 10086210. According to Corvette America, GM no longer makes this little plastic under the glove panel. Called Ecklers, and they don't have it either .....

Any ideas ? :crazy:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Jeff -

Well, looks like it's square cut out was by the previous owner.... That said, I can try and improvise and plug it by a stereo install shop or buy the new trim .... However ....

It's called : Panel IP Lower Trim or GM Part # 10086210. According to Corvette America, GM no longer makes this little plastic under the glove panel. Called Ecklers, and they don't have it either .....

Any ideas ? :crazy:
So you took the panel down and verified there is nothing missing from the HVAC Ducting?

what year car again?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts