Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard today that the Bowling Green Assembly plant will not open till the end of March. Anyone else heard that?

Bob

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Not sure, but I noticed that Chev. had a full page ad in the Fort Worth paper today with 0% 60 mo. on many '09 products - but for Corvette, it applied only to '08's. Makes me think there is a large backlog. Hope they get it up and running soon. I know a bunch of folks have orders in.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The workers returned back to work today. So, I'd say that rumor is not true.

Hmmm...came from BG...I will check back to see what's what!

I hope it's not true.

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
They opened back up on Monday as scheduled. Won't have a full crew in there until next week though. I've been on the phone every day with Lori at the museum scheduling my buyers tour for next week and she's been keeping me updated.

U.M.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great news! Got Zr1 build scheduled for the first of opening. Calling my dealer today

·
Registered
509 Posts
Not sure, but I noticed that Chev. had a full page ad in the Fort Worth paper today with 0% 60 mo. on many '09 products - but for Corvette, it applied only to '08's. Makes me think there is a large backlog. Hope they get it up and running soon. I know a bunch of folks have orders in.
Jeffhardy.com shows over 6000 cars in inventory. :( Also shows that there over 1600 '08s and '07s still.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Jeffhardy.com shows over 6000 cars in inventory. :( Also shows that there over 1600 '08s and '07s still.
Yeah, I bought my '09 in October. I thought I would be buying an '08 because I thought there would be a nice price break. The '09 was $300 more than the '08. I'm guessing the '08's have dropped some since then.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good news!

From my friends at BG TODAY...

The cars are running down the line. They made a line speed adjustment so jobs are changing and things are a little slow but the plant is supposed to open back for tours next monday. Museums delivery's tours started back this week. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
From my friends at BG TODAY...

The cars are running down the line. They made a line speed adjustment so jobs are changing and things are a little slow but the plant is supposed to open back for tours next monday. Museums delivery's tours started back this week. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bob
My dealer called me earlier in the week, I had a febuarry build date, got pushed into april. April 22nd is the build date.

·
Sir Dude
17,444 Posts
I hope they stay closed for a good long time. That's the only way we're going to recoup any value. The fewer there are available the more each of ours will be worth. Supply & demand. This car was for sale when I bought my Z a year ago and it's still sitting there. The price keeps dropping and dropping and dropping.

http://www.baystatemotorsports.com/06_Z06_Ylw.html
Investing your money in a new car hoping to make a profit is not a wise investment. The only way you will recoup any value is to buy a one ton truck and go out and destroy every vette you can find...:thud:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts