Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it took me 7 years to make a decision on a newer Vette. Found a 2010 Z06 w/ 2.5k miles on it, black on black w/ navigation and the high dollar interior.

My C5 will have to go outside in the weather, I have no choice right now. For you guys/gals that use a cover for outside heat/rain/wind in Texas, please give me some input on a good cover with fitted mirror pockets. The C5 may be covered for long periods, as I do not drive it that much.

Thanks,
Darrell

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Well, it took me 7 years to make a decision on a newer Vette. Found a 2010 Z06 w/ 2.5k miles on it, black on black w/ navigation and the high dollar interior.

My C5 will have to go outside in the weather, I have no choice right now. For you guys/gals that use a cover for outside heat/rain/wind in Texas, please give me some input on a good cover with fitted mirror pockets. The C5 may be covered for long periods, as I do not drive it that much.

Thanks,
Darrell
If your not going to drive it why not sell it and get some extra cash to buy the C6Z?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Yeah I'd do the car a favor and find it a Good Home

Bon

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
if you are going to keep it, get a car bubble

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
screw the hoa....they wanted to form 1 in my subdivision, i told them to go to hell :devil:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Clearly the answer to your problems is a bigger garage.:laughing:

I wouldn't sell it if I didn't have to, keep it and enjoy it when you can.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
The worst paint damage I ever had on a Corvette was from using a car cover. It is fine for bird droppings, sun, cats, etc., but here in West Texas the dust blows right under the cover and when the cover starts shifting in the wind it just acts like sandpaper on the clear coat - paint will look much worse than if you just left it outside with no protection. I would never own a Vette again without a garage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Car cover sucks

I live in Houston also and my son has a car that he keeps out side some times and he got a very nice car cover for .He let it set up for about 6 weeks and when he uncovered it it was rusted, molded ,slimed and just screwed up .it was not the moister that got on top of it it was the moister that formed on the ground and with the heat of the day got on the car under the cover.Good luck and have fun with that C-6

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Your c5 is a c6 liller. Nice mods. Keep it is what i would do. I keep my c5 outside and drive it only on weekends, my cover is waterproof and has a cloth liner on the i side, no sandpaper effect. The sun will kill the leather and interior if left to bake everyday on the sun, the weatherstriping will melt to the glass and peel when the door is opened. Happened to my c4 when left uncovered outside. Just my opinion

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm not in TX but I use a NOAH car cover. Had one for my C3 and now one for the Z. I think they are a bit pricey but I've had no problems with water coming through or anything like that so I forked over the money for another when I got the new car.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i got my car cover off ebay. better than i ever thought, its a 5 layer cover, weighs 9lbs. now thats a car cover. fits like DRIVING GLOVE. doesnt slid around, no wind is gettin under it. car looks just as it was before i covered it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-CORVETTE-1997-1998-1999-2004-5-LAYER-CAR-COVER-c3-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eb0a1c9b5QQitemZ200531888565QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

my car stays nice and cozy
Yea, they talk very highly of this cover. Does yours have the fitted mirror pockets?

·
Registered
18 Posts
yep-er, its a very tight fit, covers everything but 10% of the bottom of the wheels, looks very nice

1 - 15 of 15 Posts