Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, people on here seem knowledgeable about all sorts of products so I figured I seek your opinions.

During the summer months the temp here often soars to well above 100*, my question is what is the best Wax or whatever to keep my Vette shiny under the intense heat, unfortunately I can't always keep my car in the shade here so thats not really an option. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Wax is not what makes paint shine, polishing paint is what makes it shine. Wax provides protection for your paint and may add depth to the shine you get from polishing the paint. Wax and polish are two different things.

With that said, a sealant will offer the longest lasting protection. Sealants must be applied a specific way and in very thin layers (if you decide to apply more than one coat). Sealants also have to cure, which takes 12-24 hours per application. That's the best protection but it takes time to apply.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I use Adam's detail spray by the gallon in the summer. If I leave my car outside, I remove the dew using detail spray and a wipe. I also remove dust with a spray and an application of detail spray.

I like a good Carnuba to keep the moisture in the finish but it doesn't last long and requires frequent reapplication especially in the summer. I was using Adam's Buttery wax but switched back to Mother's 100% Carnuba because it seems easier to apply with a machine applicator, seems to last a little longer and doesn't separate over time.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I use Adam's detail spray by the gallon in the summer. If I leave my car outside, I remove the dew using detail spray and a wipe. I also remove dust with a spray and an application of detail spray.

I like a good Carnuba to keep the moisture in the finish but it doesn't last long and requires frequent reapplication especially in the summer. I was using Adam's Buttery wax but switched back to Mother's 100% Carnuba because it seems easier to apply with a machine applicator, seems to last a little longer and doesn't separate over time.

:cheers:
Buttery Wax is the shortest lasting wax that Adam's sells. It is only good for a few weeks, unlike their sealant which last for months.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks JunkMan, I saw the video you made on the porter cable and I will be buying one as well as some other necessary items to get my paint back to its original luster. :) I appreciate the info that you provide on here :)

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Thanks JunkMan, I saw the video you made on the porter cable and I will be buying one as well as some other necessary items to get my paint back to its original luster. :) I appreciate the info that you provide on here :)
No problem! Be sure and use my discount code. That will save you an additional 10%. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I will add that I am happily using Adam's Products 60 miles down I-20 form you, but my Vette has a garage to sit in

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
Definitely want to look at our Machine Superwax like Junk suggested.... as its 100% synthetic polymer it will withstand high heat and UV rays much better than a natural wax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts