Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm still generating a lot of grinding dust and welding fumes on my C4 suspension transplant onto my spare '69 frame, I'm trying to narrow down my choice of parts for my next street/track day engine. All my previous build useage was with Chevy cranks and rods, but trying to find a 427 crank these days is getting difficult. Along the way searching through catalogs I keep running into Scat and Eagle parts. I'll confess I know little or nothing about these guys. Any first hand experience with these to let me know if they're worth considering?

thanks,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
IVE used BOTH, EAGLE and SCAT 4340 FORGED CRANKS in many engine builds,
eagle stuf is generally slightly better quality but either will work just fine and is fully up to the O.E.M. stock stuff,
but ID sure get a full matched rotating assembly, internal ballanced 4.25" stroke crank,for 6.385" rods as they drop in with almost no clearance work in most blocks
displacement counts, build a 489 or 496 it will run circles around a similar 427,433,454,468 bbc
btw for street use get a 10.5:1 cpr for an n/a application or about 8:1 with a turbo,and cam it correctly for the rear gearing and stall or manual trans your useing, even a turbo will respond to a larger displacement

·
Registered
249 Posts
There were plenty of NOS 427 Chevy cranks on Ebay last year did you look there? Some guy in LA had around 2000 of them from GM auction at $250 each for NOS!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There were plenty of NOS 427 Chevy cranks on Ebay last year did you look there? Some guy in LA had around 2000 of them from GM auction at $250 each for NOS!
Thank you. I will check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts