Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The website be down

I keep getting a Server error

Anyway Confirm that the lining is a soft liner

Most car cover manufactures Claim that their car covers have 2 layers

But in fact the underside layer is just impregnated with a plastic which will scratch your paint despite their deceptive Advertising "Cheap Cheap Cheap"

Make sure the cover has pockets for mirrors, and I like straps front and rear on my covers

Also make sure it is a custom fit for you car only

All colored car covers will fad in the sun and red will one day be pink

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coverking says that there covers will not scratch the finish or stick to the convertible tops? They say the inside of the cover is made from fleece.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Coverking says that there covers will not scratch the finish or stick to the convertible tops?
You need to confirm that the cover has a cloth liner

I just went through this

The retailer Swore up and down that a car cover I just ordered

had a soft 2 layer liner, I confirmed and reconfirmed with these people

And guess what ?

They sent me a 1 layer car cover with an impregnated back which they call a second layer lol

You can't tell me these retailers have never looked at the inner side of these car covers they sell

Rememer They Lie Lie Lie to get your business :nuts:

Alot covers are in Fact made in china

Tho they will claim different

Too bad for them they will never see me ever again !

I use a Brand new soft face moving pads to cover my car first

The I put the car cover over the moving pads

·
Registered
36 Posts
You need to confirm that the cover has a cloth liner

I just went through this

The retailer Swore up and down that a car cover I just ordered

had a soft 2 layer liner, I confirmed and reconfirmed with these people

And guess what ?

:surprised:surprised:surprised
Sorry to read you got jacked. A phone confirmation is only as good as the company you're dealing with, of course. Hard to know that ahead of time. Wish you could share who it was.

FWIW, I just ordered this car cover : http://www.corvettegarage.com/product/corvette-garage-car-cover-for-c6-and-z06-corvette.html I believe it's made by Intro-Guard and also carried by Zip and others. It's compact, reasonably soft (so they say) and will be used occasionally, indoors only. I'll report on it's actual softness when it arrives.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Sorry to read you got jacked. A phone confirmation is only as good as the company you're dealing with, of course. Hard to know that ahead of time. Wish you could share who it was.

FWIW, I just ordered this car cover : http://www.corvettegarage.com/product/corvette-garage-car-cover-for-c6-and-z06-corvette.html I believe it's made by Intro-Guard and also carried by Zip and others. It's compact, reasonably soft (so they say) and will be used occasionally, indoors only. I'll report on it's actual softness when it arrives.
That car cover has a good fit

Its only one layer tho

And despite what they claim it will scratch the finish

I was told they eliminated the front and rear straps on that cover

The one I bought had straps front and rear

Good luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the added info. I'll keep an eye on the scratch situation. If it becomes a problem, I'll cover the contact points on the car with a couple of large micro fiber towels and call it a day. I'd rather not have $400 tied up in a car cover because I'm not convinced there's one made that is 100% scratch-proof.

But hey, I could be wrong. :laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts