Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there used Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine? It's being touted as an environmentally friendlier washing solution that uses very little water. We've started having lots of trouble with our water (tons of spots) so I'm looking for alternatives. I've used Adam's detail spray for cleaning off dust and light grime, but this might be good for the next level of crud and it's a lot cheaper.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
After washing your car, while it's still wet, spray Adam's detail spray on all surfaces, then dry. It makes a HUGE difference when it comes to water spots.

As for "low rinse" or "no rinse" wash products, would you use that to clean your own body instead of taking a shower? :laughing:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gee, I dunno. The Romans did it for hundreds of years. Just oiled up and scraped it off. Bet they smelled great, too. :rolling:

But seriously, the claim with this stuff is you can safely "wash" your car in your garage, because you don't rinse. You wash a panel with a microfiber cloth soaked in this solution (1 oz in a gallon of water) and then dry it with another towel. Repeat until the car is finished and dump the one bucket down the drain. Personally, I'd probably use 2 buckets and rinse the dirt off the towel in the second before moving to the next panel.

Maybe I'll get some and test it on my wife's Prius. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just found another of these products. It's called DP Four-In-One Rinseless Wash & Shine.

I wonder if Adam has plans to release a product of this type in the future?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts