Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Code 1AA indicates Retail Amenities Delete. Does anyone know or recalls what that actually means on a car equipped with this code?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have learned this code is typically associated with "Fleet" purchases. The car I recently purchased has this code and it was a vehicle build to the GM Regional Office in California and delivered to the Mesa Arizona Proving Grounds. It was utilized by the proving grounds for fourteen months. :thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,477 Posts
Interesting info. Sounds like an internal COPO

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting info. Sounds like an internal COPO
All I know is that it is a very well preserved 1995 Corvette
ZR-1 that I plan to put some miles on! I will try to learn more of its history over the winter, but in the Spring, it will be driven! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far I have travelled to Chicago to attend an event, and just this past weekend I have returned from the C4/ZR-1 Gathering at the National Corvette Museum. The car currently has 13,850 miles. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
717 Posts
My 67 is a COPO, and it has the 1AA as the paint code. This did not match any available codes for 67... As I researched, this is what I found the 1 means one of one and the AA meant same color top and bottom. In other words a two tone car would be AB. Not sure if this is what it means on the newer cars or not? But in the 60's this was the meaning if used as the paint code.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanks for the information. My car is Bright Aqua. It is one of thirteen ZR-1's painted in this color for the 1995 model year and one of six of Bright Aqua/Gray interior cars for that year. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car comes out of storage on Friday, weather permitting, enroute to Chicago again this weekend to Addison, Illinois. The car has just under 15,000 miles. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did not make the event in Addison, Illinois, but I hope to see you in Bowling Green, Kentucky. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just returned from Bowling Green, Kentucky attending this year's Gathering. Ran the autocross event with the car and had a great time. Car now has 15,900 miles. I have put more miles on the car in the last year and half than it had in the previous fifteen years. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The car is stored for the Winter at 16,600 miles. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The kid's schedules seem to have cut into the Corvette drive time this past Summer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took the car out for Cars & Coffee at the Car and Driver magazine offices this past weekend. 17,700 miles. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Car was sold in August of 2014 with 18,156 miles. :thumbsup:
It has been replaced with my "project ZR-1" which has been coming along nicely.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts