Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a 75 & it has no headlights. He doesnt want the stock one...He wants somthing differant. Does anyone have any links to after market lights for c-3's?:huh:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I think I saw the stationary kind in the Ecklers catalog. I don't have one of their's to ref to though.

I saw a steel bumper C3 this summer with the popups glassed in and the four lights mounted under the bumpers in the grill. I think that was a home made job.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes they are poor quality but no menechics to fail & looks better with out all that vacum stuff. Havent ordered the covers yeat $200 for plastic ouch.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Patrick96LT4 said:
You mean lemans style? No flip up?
Yes...they look like lexan with two bubbles pertruding upward with two round lights surrounded in carbon fiber. I saw a set in Carslile. It is kinda hard to explain.....They look toughf!:smokin: They are on the confederate flag c-3 race car.:huh:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
clar2001 said:
Yes they are poor quality but no menechics to fail & looks better with out all that vacum stuff. Havent ordered the covers yeat $200 for plastic ouch.
Nope that isnt what I am talking about. The ones I am talking about have two round lights with a lexan like cover...on Vetterace cars in the 70's:partyon:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
clar2001 said:
Thanks, I would love to find the bubble headlights you guys are talking about , Has to be a vendor some were?
So you know the ones I am talking about! :excited: Anyone have a picture of the race cars with these headlights?:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts

I found this one.... but I know there are different styles on some other cars in the gallery. But, the gallery is big and i can't find the other pics at the moment.

You'll have to stroll through the C3 section, choose "random" as your view and you'll see some.

:D

·
Registered
749 Posts
i've seen several of the corvette mags carry them, but by the time you're done buying them you could probably find original headlights for the same or even less cost on ebay.

those are kind of expensive...remember, there is no "cheap" way out when it comes to corvettes. they got you coming and going no matter which way you try.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Headlight covers..

I know years ago there was a company producing Glamor Eyez..was a flat piece of clear area over the light and smoke colored non lighted area that wrapped in front of and to the sides of the pop up headlights. They were pretty neat..was pre 92' of course and I didn't order them...(kicks self). Really have not seen anything else like em out on the market..good luck with your search!

Thanks, Joe..peace <*)))><

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
84 GRANDSPORT said:
Pat, yes those are the ones i am talking about!:excited: So who knows who sells them?:huh:
Nope. But I do have new pics of them for you, I was at Effingham today, saw them on a C3, thought of you, and started taken pics.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
79VetteMike said:
those are made by Gulstrand and cost about $500 just for the buckets and lenses.
Really! I just met him (I got his autograph!!!:excited: ) in Carlisle! I am gonna copy this thread for my friend. I think he will be getting a set of them 4 sure! Pat thanks for thinking of me...lets see some pics! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts