Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could this be the beginning of the end for the fueding Teutul's and their over rated bike compnay?

The lender that financed Orange County Choppers’ new headquarters in the Town of Newburgh has filed a foreclosure action against the company, alleging that it missed its July mortgage payments.
Orange County Choppers has two mortgages through GE Commercial Finance Business Property Corp., one for $11 million and one for $1.5 million.
The foreclosure action claims that the Choppers missed mortgage payments of approximately $96,000 and $14,000 on July 1 and July 27, respectively.
The Choppers stopped making mortgage payments in order to put pressure on the lender to modify the terms of the loans, according to Choppers’ lawyer Richard Mahon. Mahon said that when the property was built in 2007, it was valued at about $12 million. Because of the economic downturn, the building is now worth between $7 million and $8 million, Mahon estimated.
“This is just a bump in the road,” Mahon said. “We believe the parties will reach a resolution and the headquarters will continue in this location.”
The Orange County Industrial Development Agency is also named as a defendant in the action, since it technically owns the property under a payment-in-lieu-of taxes arrangement with Orange County Choppers.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I never liked the OCC Bikes. Just someelse's frame, motor and wheels with crap stuck on Bike. I like Bikes simple and clean whether it is a Chopper or a Cafe.

I like some of the new Harley's that are styled like a Chopper's like the Fat Bob and Fat Boy Low.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Jr was always the driving force for OCC whether Paul Sr want to admit it or not. Now that he has his own company, OCC has gone downhill.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
OCC's product was **** and a fad. Got to roll with the changes. :thumbsup:

My best to JR's new designs. His dad has been an ass since the split. :nuts:

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
They'll get their loan modification and they'll continue to occupy the building. Because... there ain't no way the banks want to own that unsellable property. Zero logic in that.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Damn 110k payment a month (and that don't include payroll, insurance, etc.)

·
Registered
379 Posts
From what I've been hearing, TONS of companies are going to have the same loan
payment problems on rented and leased buildings. just like the housing market fell,
commercial leased property is next for a fall.
If OCC can get a much improved interest rate would same them thousands on a
mortgage that big, smart move.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
I never liked the OCC Bikes. Just someelse's frame, motor and wheels with crap stuck on Bike. I like Bikes simple and clean whether it is a Chopper or a Cafe.

I like some of the new Harley's that are styled like a Chopper's like the Fat Bob and Fat Boy Low.

:cheers:
I like choppers in their own element, but they are just too dangerous in traffic being that low and inhibiting rider view and visibility profile for autos and trucks to see.

I love hopped up pocket rockets and wish they were st legal, but they are just as dangerous for the same reason.

Auto drivers today need to see a fifth brake light just to register a car in front of them today.....
and that's assuming they are not even texting

·
Registered
446 Posts
they rode that chopper wave as far as possible but their not alone as the entire custom bike trend is in trouble.You can only do so much with 2 wheels and a v-twin.Bikes had become grotesque in an effort to be "different".The abuse of the term "old school" has made me sick.There's nothing old school about 110 inch motor,6 speed tranny,air shocks and 240mm rear wheels!!!Anyhow I wish em well.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Could this be the beginning of the end for the fueding Teutul's and their over rated bike compnay?
God I hope so. What a stupid business model.....Build a **** product, Charge way too much for it, Show everybody how poorly you build the product on national tv, and show everybody what a bunch of assholes you realy are.....Sounds like a formula for success to me. Add in way too much debt and the Tuttles are deep in ****, for sure. :buhbye:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Did Jr. and Sr. ever kiss and make up?

I always liked the show, it was better in the early years as were the bikes. That jet fighter bike and the fire bike were cool.

·
Only green will do...
18,389 Posts

I always liked the show, it was better in the early years as were the bikes. That jet fighter bike and the fire bike were cool.
SR, IMO was always a real A-Hole, i just couldnt understand why he was so mean, and hurtfull to JR

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
SR, IMO was always a real A-Hole, i just couldnt understand why he was so mean, and hurtfull to JR
Probably because he had a tough life.

My father had a hard life himself and in turn his father too had a tough life (captured and tortured in WWII) ... as a result he was tough on me like hell. Because that's all they knew: war and hardships.

I'm trying to break the cycle with my kids though.

·
Registered
906 Posts
They sell more merchandise than bikes. The whole saga with the family is nothing short of SAD!! I think the motorcycle fad is over and they have a huge overhead. Just look Jessie James closed shop as well.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Probably because he had a tough life.

My father had a hard life himself and in turn his father too had a tough life (captured and tortured in WWII) ... as a result he was tough on me like hell. Because that's all they knew: war and hardships.

I'm trying to break the cycle with my kids though.
I think it's because there on t.v. and have to create drama or none will watch.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That'll never happen. Sr. is an egotistical douche who can't fully grasp the reality that Jr. and Vinny made that company what it was at the height. The show is boring at best and has long since run it's course, they should just let it die quietly at the end of this season. Television has ruined that family and business because they became to big for their britches to fast. They were always hard working blue collar people who came into their own seemingly without anyone's help. I sure hope they invested most of their millions in antcipation of the day that company folds up its tents, otherwise Orange County will have a few more on their unemployment rolls. The ones really going to get the shaft in this whole thing are the regular employees who didn't see this coming. I'd be looking for a new job right now if I worked there.

·
Registered
673 Posts
They'll get their loan modification and they'll continue to occupy the building. Because... there ain't no way the banks want to own that unsellable property. Zero logic in that.
You know Patrick, you are absolutely right and in my opinion that is exactly what is wrong with this country. No responsibility or morals. Oh boo hoo, I'm a multi-millionaire with a stable of cars that would make any car guy jealous (have you seen the cars that Sr has?). Yet despite that and all my other net worth I'm gonna **** the bank out of the money that I agreed to pay and ultimately me you and everyone else with higher interest payments harder to obtain loans etc.

Pieces of crap.....I hope they do forclose on their asses, but as you said its unlikely that they'd be able to sell a building like that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
occ

crap for sure i cringe when i see them running taps with a battery drill and trying to make wheel spacers on a chop saw rather than finishing on a lathe.bigger longer and higher isnt better.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts