Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a proud owner of a 2008 Z06 with chrome wheels. Does anyone have advice on getting the grease and brake dust imbedded on the inside of the wheels? Not the chrome portion, but the wheels themselves. Needless to say, the inside of the rim is difficult to reach, so all suggestions are welcome. I'm also not thrilled about what lookes like rust on the inside of the brake rotor, but I'm guessing that is a common complaint. If there is a relatively in-expensive fix for the rust, here in Orange County, CA, I'd truly appreciate being pointed in the right direction. The car is still under warranty, although I'm assumming this is not a warranty issue. Thank you in advance, Robb in the OC.

[email protected]

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like to use the Daytona Wheel Brush.
Once a year I usually remove each wheel and give the rim a good cleaning off the car.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Pull the rims off

And scrub the back side of the rim with A rag and dish soap

Then rinse them clean and dry them throughly

Then put the wheel back on and Torque the lugs in starr fashion * to 100ft lbs

If you wish to avoid brake dust in the future

Put on a set of Hawk ceramic brake pads

Or a ceramix pad like Baer or Wagner pads
(less dust)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

I took your advice. I bought the Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner and Power Stick! Wish me luck. They have a special running if you buy the brush you get the cleaner for free so I went for it.

Thanks for your help and advice.

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for your business... I'm actually not to far from you (Just up in the IE / Rancho Cucamonga) so if you ever need any advice or help hit me up :cheers:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I use Mother's Wheel Brush and Eagle One Wheel Brush with Dawn dishwashing soap. After cleaning I use NXT Spray Wax to coat the wheels.

Between cleanings, I use Adam's Detail spray to clean and protect.

:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts