Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, newbie here.

I just ordered my first Corvette on Wed. I'm a Mustang enthusiast and was originally planning on buying a GT500 but all the dealer BS and markups made me look at my other options. After looking at and driving a 07 coupe at a local dealer I was sold. What a difference!!! The GT500 has power but it weighs a ton and can't come close to the handling and overall performance of the Corvette. I ended up ordering a 08 Z51 Coupe. Here's the details:

08 Coupe
1LT Group
67U Machine Silver
193 Ebony Leather Seating
CC3 Transparent removable roof panel
NPP Exhaust
QX1 Competition Grey Wheels
MN6 Manual trans
Z51 Performance Package

Now the long waiting game begins. :thud:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Hi guys, newbie here.

I just ordered my first Corvette on Wed. I'm a Mustang enthusiast and was originally planning on buying a GT500 but all the dealer BS and markups made me look at my other options. After looking at and driving a 07 coupe at a local dealer I was sold. What a difference!!! The GT500 has power but it weighs a ton and can't come close to the handling and overall performance of the Corvette. I ended up ordering a 08 Z51 Coupe. Here's the details:

08 Coupe
1LT Group
67U Machine Silver
193 Ebony Leather Seating
CC3 Transparent removable roof panel
NPP Exhaust
QX1 Competition Grey Wheels
MN6 Manual trans
Z51 Performance Package

Now the long waiting game begins. :thud:
Thank god his hand came down soon enought.:rolling:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I puchased an 07 grabber orange GT in may telling the dealer my plans to do some light modding on the performance side,they said O.K. NO WARRANTY PROBLEMS!Then everything I wanted done seemed to void the warranty.Only option at the time I thought was get a performance model that was already souped!GT500 was out of the question 10,000 dealer adjustment was not happening!Tried ROUSH 427R still not happy at 45,000.So with family GMS discount got mine at 40,000 before taxes,best decision I ever made.Always saw higher priced 3LT models,did not know 1LT was so affordable!You have just purchased the best performance bargain on the planet,hope you love it!

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
i know you will enjoy for sure best of luck and please post pictures when you get the baby home:thumbsup:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome aboard :partyon:

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
...got mine at 40,000 before taxes, best decision I ever made.Always saw higher priced 3LT models,did not know 1LT was so affordable!
The really cool part is 99% of the people that see you don't know it's not a $65k loaded 4LT. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know you will enjoy for sure best of luck and please post pictures when you get the baby home:thumbsup:
Thanks guys!!!

I'll be sure to post some pics once the car finally gets here. I'm looking at probably the end of October, hopefully I can last that long!!! :surprised

1 - 12 of 12 Posts