Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought Obama came off pretty well in the interview. Even though I support O'Reilly's position on most things, I wish he had asked questions and then shut up instead of constantly interrupting to keep Obama on course. His questions were pretty lightweight, but I guess you would expect that in a pre-Super Bowl interview. The whole thing seemed out of place to me.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Bill O has softballed Barry in every interview, he could really expose the guy's radicalism but chooses not to, another corporate lapdog.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Bill O has softballed Barry in every interview, he could really expose the guy's radicalism but chooses not to, another corporate lapdog.
Agreed. Orielly started to grill barry then backed off. Pussy. One term.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm sure all the questions were pre-approved by the White House BEFORE the interview. Obama knew what the questions were going to be and already had his pre-determined answer ready before the cameras ever started rolling. The one interview that O'Reilly did with then candidate Obama had all the same softball type questions.

The whole thing was pretty much a joke.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
It seemed out of place to me. :crazy: I also thought O'Reilly was leading Obama. :agree:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I liked the interview. Obama seemed a little more a ease and out of his usual campaigning stumping mode. I disagreed with the "hate" line O'Reilly put forth. Not to say that there are not those hate the man for the man... -but the context was incorrect.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Bill O looked like an idiot and to think this was a prescripted interview is crazy. He is talking to the president of the United States of America. I dont care how much he disagrees with him, but he should not interrupt repeatedly and talk over him. He is treating Obama as a guest on his show while they are sitting in the white house. He needs to have greater respect for our president. IMO it is unpatriotic. I hated Bush, but he had my respect as the president.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bill O looked like an idiot and to think this was a prescripted interview is crazy. He is talking to the president of the United States of America. I dont care how much he disagrees with him, but he should not interrupt repeatedly and talk over him. He is treating Obama as a guest on his show while they are sitting in the white house. He needs to have greater respect for our president. IMO it is unpatriotic. I hated Bush, but he had my respect as the president.
:agree: I can't stand Obama, and I thought the questions were ones that need answering. But O'Reilly's lack of decorum for the president ticked me off. It seemed strange for an interviewer to constantly be giving rebuttals to the interviewees responses. Like I said earlier, what was this interview doing as part of the Super Bowl, and what on earth can you learn in a 10 minute interview?

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Bill O sells himself as a ask-the-tough-questions and get-in-your-face kind of guy.. but he wasn't/didn't.

I see enough Bush interviews to say with full confidence, Bill O softballed the hell out of Barry.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Bill O sells himself as a ask-the-tough-questions and get-in-your-face kind of guy.. but he wasn't/didn't.

I see enough Bush interviews to say with full confidence, Bill O softballed the hell out of Barry.
What do you wish he asked him?

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Obama takes his cue from Nixon. You see it time and again, in his speeches and interviews. He will take 45 minutes to answer a single question, if allowed... about an unimportant topic. The longer he drags it out... the less questions he is required to answer... and possibly slip up on. There are only so many minutes to get the questions in. I saw zero disrespect. In fact, Bill was over the top in his praise of Obama's leadership and handling of certain aspects of world events. It was an interview during a football game... what did we expect... Depth ? This was a win win for Fox and Obama. No way were we going to get an in depth interview. This was all show for both.

As far as Obama not having a list of questions prior to the interview... -Have you ever heard him speak with such fluidity in any other format that did not include a teleprompter ? Was it any where near the fluidity of the Stewart show ? Did you hear any of the "uum's" and "ahh's" and long pauses that he is famous for ? The "uum's" and "ahh's" and long pauses that fans of Obama... call "a side effect of intellectually deep thought" ?

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
1: How do you justify EPA's global warming rules, when global warming is a discredited lie, knowing that you are driving up energy costs to US consumers?

2: Why aren't new drilling permits being issued, when your moratorium has been struck down in federal court, and you have said it's lifted?

3: What is your plan to get us out of this 20% + unemployment?

4: How much more debt can the Fed monetize, before the dollar crashes, in your estimation?

5: Do you have any regrets about letting the far left wing write your healthcare bill?

6: Why are so many people who backed your healthcare bill, now getting exemptions from it?

7: Do you feel it looks inappropriate for GE to be exempted from your global warming rules, while their CEO is a member of one of your commissions?

That would probably leave Bill O setting the dark by himself..

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Can I see your real birth certificate?
Can we see your Harvard transcripts?
Do you still think the cops acted stupidly?
Do you still think your ideology took a 'shellacing' on Nov. 2nd?
Have you learned to pronounce corpsman?
Do you know the Star Spangled Banner?
Why do you propose healthy eating taxes but eat garbage when you go on vacation?
Whay has Jeff Imelt gotten $210 billion in bailouts and the average Joe $0.
Why do you think the UN is worth something?
Why do your ears stick out?
Why do you go to **** when your teleprompter breaks?
Why do you think physicians get $35,000 to cut the feet off of diabetics so they can buy a new house in the Hampton's?
What's Bill Ayer's nickname?

Stuff like that.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Can I see your real birth certificate?
Can we see your Harvard transcripts?
Do you still think the cops acted stupidly?
Do you still think your ideology took a 'shellacing' on Nov. 2nd?
Have you learned to pronounce corpsman?
Do you know the Star Spangled Banner?
Why do you propose healthy eating taxes but eat garbage when you go on vacation?
Whay has Jeff Imelt gotten $210 billion in bailouts and the average Joe $0.
Why do you think the UN is worth something?
Why do your ears stick out?
Why do you go to **** when your teleprompter breaks?
Why do you think physicians get $35,000 to cut the feet off of diabetics so they can buy a new house in the Hampton's?
What's Bill Ayer's nickname?

Stuff like that.
:smack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts