Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
A lesson for terrorists everywhere: Don't use your real address on Playstation Network
Really? Bin Ladin struck me as more of a Xbox Live kinda terrorist:huh:

But seriously kudos to our military and Commander in Cheif:thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
It's time to teach Pakistan a lesson. They were protecting him.

Strike their nuke facilities. Take them out of the game and give their rival, India a leg up.
:agree:
**** yeah.
We'er still giving them money and weapons too.....

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
FOX NEWS REPORTS: Obama Administration Kills Homeless Religious Man with Kidney Disease

:laughing:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
FOX NEWS REPORTS: Obama Administration Kills Homeless Religious Man with Kidney Disease

:laughing:
No it was MSNBC and the headline was "American Army Islamophobes Kill Homelss Islamic Man with Kidney Disease"

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Kudo's to the USN Seals that took him out. Credit to the military on this one. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
beat ya to the post by 5 mins...AND i put it in the kills section lol
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Pretty fooking incredible if you think about it. We found one man hiding... somewhere on the entire Earths surface.

Wow.... incredible and scary.
Better pay your taxes! :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'm no fan of President Obama for political reasons but he has been busting their asses with predator drones since he got in office. BIG props to him. Today I will have nothing bad to say about the President. GO Obama, finish the rest of them cowardly dogs. Also, big props to President George W. Bush to continue the fight while he was being hammered in the press.:thumbsup:
I always felt that this war on terror could be won by the use of predator drones and technology vs. more boots on the ground.

However, in the end (at least for Bin Laden), it was a Navy Seal who made the shot.

However, the "Jack Bauer" in me always wonders whether or not they really shot him in the leg, drugged him, took some pics with some fake gun shot wounds in his head, hauled his still alive ass into some underground storage tank and are gently and politely asking him questions...;)

The quick burial at sea cover could be used to prevent the ground he was killed from being considered holy and from him being viewed as a martyr.

I love how we found him a few miles from Pakistan's "West Point". I think Pakistan has a "lot of splayin' to do!" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
He was killed in a mansion in Abbottabad by a SEAL team, not Islamabad. It is about 120 miles north, north-east of Islamabad.
Abbottabad is 30 miles NE of Isalamabad and 120 miles east of the tribal region, Waziristan. :thumbsup:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/05/02/exp.king.bin.laden.abbotabad.cnn?hpt=C2

I love how we found him a few miles from Pakistan's "West Point". I think Pakistan has a "lot of splayin' to do!" :rolleyes:
Seriously how do you not know that the most wanted man in the world is chillin in a house in your own country? Pakis kinda dropped the ball on that one. :lookinup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Very comfy military town.
A retired general is hiinting that we knew he was there for 2 years, but never had the window of oportunity to move in without the Pakistani govt hearing about the operation and removing him.

The seals killed him and left in 45 minutes because they probably had incomming Pakistani peep.

Otherwise there'd have been no reason to pack up so abruptly.

We'll be hearing about Pakistani outrage very soon.

Supposedly one Pakistani helicoptor was involved in the raid.
Dunno if they were helping or opposing, since we lost one of our coptors.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Anybody find it interesting that Obama had to break into national TV at 10:45 PM Eastern on a Sunday night to make his announcement???? .....Same time that Trump was firing the week's loser on his show???? :lookinup:

Obama -> :nuts: <- Trump

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Anybody find it interesting that Obama had to break into national TV at 10:45 PM Eastern on a Sunday night to make his announcement???? .....Same time that Trump was firing the week's loser on his show???? :lookinup:

Obama -> :nuts: <- Trump
He's not dead until Trump sees the "Death Certificate"! Or is it the "Certificate of Death"?!

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Hats off to our boys in Special opps, our troops, our inteligence agencies, our State department and our President. We got the ****er and I hope the guys who got him shot him in both knees and both elbows and let him linger for a few minutes before taking the kill shot.

I don't believe in evil but this guy came as close as anyone on the planet to it. May he rot at the bottom of the sea.

We will now have to be extremely vigilant for the revenge attacks but nothing unites the USA better than success and we will get those who harm us.....no matter how long it takes. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/05/ap-osama-bin-laden-dead-050111/

WASHINGTON — Helicopters descended out of darkness on the most important counterterrorism mission in U.S. history. It was an operation so secret, only a select few U.S. officials knew what was about to happen.

The location was a fortified compound in an affluent Pakistani town two hours outside Islamabad. The target was Osama bin Laden.

Intelligence officials discovered the compound in August while monitoring an al-Qaida courier. The CIA had been hunting that courier for years, ever since detainees told interrogators that the courier was so trusted by bin Laden that he might very well be living with the al-Qaida leader.

Nestled in an affluent neighborhood, the compound was surrounded by walls as high as 18 feet, topped with barbed wire. Two security gates guarded the only way in. A third-floor terrace was shielded by a seven-foot privacy wall. No phone lines or Internet cables ran to the property. The residents burned their garbage rather than put it out for collection. Intelligence officials believed the million-dollar compound was built five years ago to protect a major terrorist figure. The question was, who?

The CIA asked itself again and again who might be living behind those walls. Each time, they concluded it was almost certainly bin Laden.

President Obama described the operation in broad strokes Sunday night. Details were provided in interviews with counterterrorism and intelligence authorities, senior administration officials and other U.S. officials. All spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive operation.

By mid-February, intelligence from multiple sources was clear enough that Obama wanted to "pursue an aggressive course of action," a senior administration official said. Over the next two and a half months, Obama led five meetings of the National Security Council focused solely on whether bin Laden was in that compound and, if so, how to get him, the official said.

Normally, the U.S. shares its counterterrorism intelligence widely with trusted allies in Britain, Canada, Australia and elsewhere. And the U.S. normally does not carry out ground operations inside Pakistan without collaboration with Pakistani intelligence. But this mission was too important and too secretive.

On April 29, Obama approved an operation to kill bin Laden. It was a mission that required surgical accuracy, even more precision than could be delivered by the government's sophisticated Predator drones. To execute it, Obama tapped a small contingent of the Navy's elite SEAL Team 6 and put them under the command of CIA Director Leon Panetta, whose analysts monitored the compound from afar.

Panetta was directly in charge of the team, a U.S. official said, and his conference room was transformed into a command center.

Details of exactly how the raid unfolded remain murky. But the al-Qaida courier, his brother and one of bin Laden's sons were killed. No Americans were injured. Senior administration officials will only say that bin Laden "resisted." And then the man behind the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil died from an American bullet to his head.

It was mid-afternoon in Virginia when Panetta and his team received word that bin Laden was dead. Cheers and applause broke out across the conference room.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Today I am proud to be an American!

:thumbsup::cheers:

41 - 60 of 124 Posts