Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying, I LOVE ADAMS PRODUCTS , not because their a sponsor on here because they make great products, I have spent probably thousands on their products over the years and they are a great company with great people.

But I am just curious of anyone elses experience with a
Flex and either 3m or menzerna products

·
Registered
389 Posts
The Flex 3401 has decent power and corrective ability but I find it a little hard to control.

Which products from 3M and Menzerna are you considering?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I let other people experiment first then I order

so my friend just ordered the flex , and menzerna super intense polish, finishing polish, final polish or w.e and the super sealant

I was just curious as far as 3m products cause I know some professional detailers use it

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I use 3M hand glaze

A reputable pro painter recommended the 3M product line to me

I also use Mother canuba wax from time to time

It's inexpensive and leaves a different shine than synthetic waxes do

Most Pro's that work on High $$$$ paint jobs use Canuba Waxes

·
Registered
389 Posts
I still use Menzerna Super Intensive Polish and Final Polish occasionally. Although both 3M and Menzerna make very good products, I have been using Meguiar's polishes almost exclusively. It's really just a matter of personal choice.

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
Heck, I'll endorse Menzerna!!

Its my go to product when I need something more aggressive than what we offer. They make some very high quality products. I much prefer it over the more aggressive compounds offered by other companies.

The flex is a great tool, but can be dangerous if not used with caution. Also some durability issues... I had one die, as have a number of other people, I know even Junkman has had a flex go out on him. My PC on the other hand never gave me a bit of problems. As a matter of fact my regular 7424 is still going strong as is my XP. They build those things to last.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
My Flex gave me some issues but I know the main Flex repair guy in Omaha and he fixed mine right up. As for other product brands, I have a few products from Meguiar's professional line (not that over the counter junk), 3M, Zaino and others. By no means am I a product snob or do I believe that one product will answer all of your detailing needs if you detail cars for a living. If you only work on your own cars, one product may be all you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts