Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 40 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Can anyone tell me how to get larger pictures inserted in posts and/or how to get more than 1 pic per post? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
It's "Wife Approved!"
That's the most important part:thumbsup:

19x13? Things just got serious.

Posting photos: What host are you using? In photobucket you just need to copy the IMG code.

Things are moving right along. I will be up that way in a few weeks. Might run into you.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Sanding started on the body. They didn't need to sand the rear quarter panels because I had just seen Brent's 76 build and decided to get new quarter panels. No flairs, but I needed them anyway.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Why new rear quarter panels???

To match up with new rear bumper cover from Custom Image Corvettes that will allow chrome bumpers of course.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Body went in the paint booth end of last week for first primer so they could see where more sanding is needed.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My favorite Corvette is a 1973 - probably because of the chrome bumpers on back and the plastic nose. I just love that car. My wife and I discussed a 73 and I had looked for the last number of years at them all over the country. Ultimately we decided on a 1982 CE so we could get the opening hatch for all the long trips we plan to take with this baby - in few years anyway.

I bought my Dakota Digital gauges from Josh at Custom Image and when I went to pick them up he was working on Brent's car and showed me that I too could have chrome bumpers on the back of my car. Well how could I say no the that? It's just a little more $ right? :smack

Anyway I would like to thank Josh and Brent for guiding me on making my Vette even more what I wanted than I planned on. Here's the latest:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
You are really moving along very quickly with this project. The CIC rear panel looks really good, and the body work looks real slick, the lines of the body flow very nicely with the blending of the rear panel.
Is this work being done at CIC?

What's your target date for paint?

Riggs.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Riggs - the work is being done by Koehler Bros. here in Sioux Falls. I didn't know Josh when this project started - met him at a car show, got talking and found out we like the same thing.

I'm guessing paint might get on the car next week - I hope.

Thanks tektrans.

Mike80 - after reading some other threads on this forum I don't think I'm supposed to say yet :D I will have to say the reason my forum name is Black & Tan could be due to liking Guinness and Smithwicks in the same glass or the color of my Vette - just sayin'

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Well played, sir.
I was going to ask about the color but I thought I better not.
The way this is going, the car will be on the road by the weekend. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Well played, sir.
I was going to ask about the color but I thought I better not.
The way this is going, the car will be on the road by the weekend. :laughing:
Brent, you can't ask about the color, you have to wait like the rest of us. :laughing:

Yes, this awesome build is happening at a very fast pace, it will be on the road in no time.

I have to say it again, you are building one really incredible resto rod. Thanks for sharing your build and keeping us up to date with the progress, it really helps motivate me in getting started on my body work.

Riggs

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Riggs: If I had a running vette during this amazing summer, I would not even be thinking about taking anything apart. That is want winter is for.

·
Registered
932 Posts
One more thing - the exterior will be looking kinda blue... :surprised

Kinda sounds familiar. My 04' Acura TL has a really nice color on it, Nighthawk Black Pearl. It's black but kinda blue with a little mix of purple. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see yours done! :D

21 - 40 of 141 Posts