Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Z06 and am having some overheating issues when stuck in traffic. Does anyone know if my engine has a single stage or multistage fan and at what temperature would it kick in?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I have a 2001 Z06 and am having some overheating issues when stuck in traffic. Does anyone know if my engine has a single stage or multistage fan and at what temperature would it kick in?

Thanks
The fan is multi stage.

Your two most likely culprits are
1. low coolant level
2. crap in the radiator

You will want to check for bags, grass, leaves, sticks,etc. in the radiator before troubleshooting elsewhere.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The fan is multi stage.

Your two most likely culprits are
1. low coolant level
2. crap in the radiator

You will want to check for bags, grass, leaves, sticks,etc. in the radiator before troubleshooting elsewhere.
Definetely. After driving all year and assuming this just started, trash in the radiator cavity is the most likely culprit.:agree:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Do you smell any radiator fluid whatsoever? If you do, there is your problem. The smallest leak can cause overheating. Check my write ups on this subject. I have fixed just about every overheating issue you can have.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. the radiator was really plugged, got it cleaned car runs great again.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Thanks for the help. the radiator was really plugged, got it cleaned car runs great again.
:thumbsup:These C5's tend to be the vacuum cleaners of the road. Leaves, grass and road kill get sucked and stuffed pretty easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts