Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you Corvette Owners stationed, working, living in Germany there's a Corvette Club in the Mannheim/Heidelber area waiting for you to join in the fun. It's the "Baden-Wurttemberg International Corvette Club" (BWICC).

We have over 100 members on the rolls and growing. Most of our members are U.S. Military, DoD Civilians, or U.S. DoD Contractor personnel, but we also have a good size number of "Local National Members" as well. So if you're looking for a way to meet other Corvette Owner in Germany here's your chance. Oh did I mention there's "NO" Club Fee's or Club Dues ! Hey, we don't even elect a Club Officers,e.g., President, Vice Presidnet, etc., etc ! Hey, it's worked for us for the last 6 years :cheers: .

We have a New Web Page that's (being updated as we speak), but you can checkout some of our member's Vettes, the club's 2007 Spring and Summer Cruise Schedule, and info on "Club Meetings". Logo onto and check it out ~

http://www.bwcorvettes.com/

OK, there you have it. . . . check us out and if you're interested in becoming a member you can contact the Web Master and he will hook you up.

Ciao,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Selling 2004 C5 in Germany

Hello All -

I am in the US military and moving to Germany this month. I am bringing my 2004 C5 with me. Unfortunately, US military members are only allowed to register two vehicles in Germany. My wife will have one, and I will have one. With kids on the way soon, my real "baby" is very practical anymore.

I am exploring the option of selling my C5 in Germany.

Does anyone know if it is possible to sell as US-spec corvette in Germany?
Are there any taxes involved?
Are there any USAEUR restrictions on selling US cars imported in conjunction with a change of station?
How much does a C5 sell for in Europe?
Is there a website that specializes in selling pre-owned Corvettes in Europe?

My C5 is in great condition and has low mileage.

I appreciate any comments/suggestions anyone may have.

-Mark

·
Registered
939 Posts
Howdy... in the military myself, about to graduate from the Air Force Academy in May. Quite likely i'll be stationed overseas sometime soon.

For those in the know... would you recommend shipping a Corvette to your overseas assignment? I know uncle sam will pay for one vehicle shipment, but how do they treat it?

Thanks!

Mike:thumbsup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello All -

I am in the US military and moving to Germany this month. I am bringing my 2004 C5 with me. Unfortunately, US military members are only allowed to register two vehicles in Germany. My wife will have one, and I will have one. With kids on the way soon, my real "baby" is very practical anymore.

Are there any USAEUR restrictions on selling US cars imported in conjunction with a change of station?

-Mark
Try http://www.mobile.de , this is on of the biggest used car market place in Germany.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The club sounds good. My wife and I will be at Spangdahlem this December, with the Vette, so looking forward to joining the club. Thanks for the heads up.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Hello All -

-Mark
Hey Mark,

I spent 10 years in Italy before returning to the US in '05. There won't be any taxes (on your end) selling the Vette in Europe. Especially if sold to another american. Check out www.estripes.com (Stars and Stripes online) that's where I found our Vette in '99.

If you sold the Vette to a "local national" they would have to pay taxes on the Vette (pretty substantial in Italy, I don't about Germany). Vettes sell at a premium over there, you'll more than likely make up the costs of shipping with the sales price.

Joe

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Howdy... in the military myself, about to graduate from the Air Force Academy in May. Quite likely i'll be stationed overseas sometime soon.

For those in the know... would you recommend shipping a Corvette to your overseas assignment? I know uncle sam will pay for one vehicle shipment, but how do they treat it?

Thanks!

Mike:thumbsup:
They treated my Vette very well, it wasn't harmed at all and they washed it right before I picked it up :D

But as far as whether or not you should ship it depends on where you're going...

·
Registered
939 Posts
How long does shipment take?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello All -

-Mark
Mark,

Hey, you'll enjoy Germany with your Vette . . . trust me ! Let me see if I can
give you a few answers to your questions about. . . .

First: you can register more than two vehicles in Germany. You just need an "Execption To Policy" which isn't hard to get. . .

Second: You can sell your Corvette in Germany. However, if you sell it to a local national it cost them a lot in Customs, Inport Tax and Sales Tax. Then they have to convert it to Euro Specs. So you may not get too may takers from the locls because of that. If you sell it to someone that's in the U.S. Military, DoD Civilian, or US. Contractor then all that goes away. NOTE: Corvettes are now sold here in Germany (with Euro Specs) to local nationals, so the demand for US Spec vettes is very low. . . . . unless it's something that can't be bought here. . . . which is much.

Third: Corvette sell normally sell for Blue Book or at least that's what everyone will use to determin price, so it's about the same as there in the states. There are a few Vettes for sale now here in Germany (U.S. Spec), e.g., two 2003 Z06's (Execllent Condition) and the asking prices are $30,000, and $34,500. . . One of the Z's only has 18,000 (+) miles on it.

If you decide to bring your Vette you will enjoy driving if over here. I cruise on the autobahns at around 100-120mph on a slow day. . .:laughing: Lots of Vettes over here too. . . . We have over a 100 (+) members in our Corvette Club. . . . everything for C1's to C6, 2007 ZO6's.

The name of our club is the "Baden-Wurttemberg International Corvette Club (BWICC). Most of us are from around the Heidelberg, Mannheim, but have members from the Darmstadt, K-Town, and Stuttgart areas. . . :thumbsup:

Our club web page is: http://www.bwcorvettes.com if you would like to check it out. .

OK, I hope this helped out somewhat. . . hope we get linkup one of these days when you get across the pound. . . . until then

Ciao,

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a question about rear turn signals. Do the Germans require orange/amber rear turn signals? In England we need amber turn signals, for example. If so for Germany, I will set it up before I ship the Vette overseas. This information must be on a web site somewhere, but don't know where. Any info anyone can give me? And any other tips to vehicle modification, from your experiences, would be appreciated. Thanks.

Beside that, I will replace the entire exhaust system before shipment.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a question about rear turn signals. Do the Germans require orange/amber rear turn signals? In England we need amber turn signals, for example. If so for Germany, I will set it up before I ship the Vette overseas. This information must be on a web site somewhere, but don't know where. Any info anyone can give me? And any other tips to vehicle modification, from your experiences, would be appreciated. Thanks.

Beside that, I will replace the entire exhaust system before shipment.
"Sanctuary",

Not for U.S. Spec Vettes registered in the U.S. System. . . Now, if you want to sell it to a Local National then your Vette has to be converted to Germany Specs. . . .

Ciao

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
What I Would Like To See Is A Vette Spanking Some Germany Cars:d :d :d Video If Yall Have It:d :d :d

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks!

Mike:QUOTE]

Mike,

Yes :thumbsup: :partyon: !

As for they treat your Vette during shipping. . . . I don't know of anyone that's had a bad experance so far. In fact we have a couple guys in our Corvette Club (that are back in the states) will be shipping their Vettes over to Germany go on our Club Cruise to Normandy and Le Mans, France in June and possible up to Valkenburg, Netherlands in July to attend the Corvette FAME 2007 Show and Rally. Then they will ship them back to the U.S.

Ciao,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts