Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started getting a code "P803 H C" on my 2002 Zo6. I looked it up and it shows the error as "P0803 1-4 Upshift Solenoid Control Circuit (M/T)". It comes on right at start up. If I reset it and turn the car off, it will come back on again on restart. I do have a CAGS eliminater on, but it has been on for about 4 months of fairly regular driving. Any thoughts on this?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
That CAGS eliminator just has a Diode and a resistor in it. It could go bad very easily...I would unhook it and plug back into the Solenoid on the tranny. Then see if the code stops.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,520 Posts
I had a CAGS killer on my Z for a year or so and started getting the same or similar code. I unhooked it and the problem went away. I still don't have one and it really hasn't been a problem. I don't seem to shift at less than 20mph or part throtle anyway so I don't get into the 1-4 shift :laughing:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jacked it up and yanked the CAGS off. Looks like that was the problem. Like you said, Torch, it isn't too often it I need it except for rush hour traffic.

·
Registered
55 Posts
home made CAGS elem.

That CAGS eliminator just has a Diode and a resistor in it. It could go bad very easily...I would unhook it and plug back into the Solenoid on the tranny. Then see if the code stops.
Hey Iburke, Do you by any chance know how to make a CAGS eleminator for an 03 C5 with parts from Radio Shack?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts