Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got purchased a three piece pace car front air dam. I would like your opinions on which of the two colors I should paint it. I think it should be painted the same color as the body, but I have thought of painting it black as an accenting color. So with that in mind fire away with your opinions. Here is a pic of the car for referance.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Black would be my vote, but body color would look good too. I'm getting ready to build a 70's style front spoiler for my Vette from aluminum. I'll just clear coat that.
:cheers:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Black would be my vote, but body color would look good too. I'm getting ready to build a 70's style front spoiler for my Vette from aluminum. I'll just clear coat that.
What ja do?? snatch some aluminum off a DC10???:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :WTF

as to the color, I have been using black paint on front, rear, sides for about 50 years now on my bicycles, cars, and lotsa other crap....hell I even blacked out the open shelf plumbing under my new bathroom sink/vanity/shelf.....

I"m a spray can artist....

So YES, flat black, goes great with that YELLOW.....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far two for black.

"Spray can artist." :rolling:

I'll see how this goes (should have done it as a poll) and make a decision, and if I don't like the way it looks I'll just sand it off and re-spray.

Thanks for the replys so far, and keep the opinions coming :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
So far two for black.

"Spray can artist." :rolling:

I'll see how this goes (should have done it as a poll) and make a decision, and if I don't like the way it looks I'll just sand it off and re-spray.

Thanks for the replys so far, and keep the opinions coming :thumbsup:

Hey, I duz what I gotta do to keep the greezy side down, and shiney side up....my paint is ten years old at youngest, and 20 at oldest...that's life...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Both will look awsome.... but if it was mine a semi gloss black would be the color of choice. Either way, thats a beautiful ride ya have. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Match The Body Color!

That particular spoiler painted black with look like it was
done by "Bubba Body Werks". :smack

JMHO

:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
before & after

Since the opinions were 4 black to 2 body color, and since it was already painted semi gloss black I figured I'd try it out.
before:

after: (sorry about the pic camera issues)

Ok now what do y'all think?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Match The Body Color!

That particular spoiler painted black with look like it was
done by "Bubba Body Werks". :smack

JMHO

:D
:agree: Definitely Yellow, Black will stick out like a sore thumb!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
After seeing it, I've gotta change my vote to YELLOW!! And my favorite red-head told me Yellow was also correct. So what am I supposed to do??

And NO I' didn't swipe that aluminum from a DC-10, there mr_vette, it was a gen-U-whine purchase. Complete with a receipt and everything.:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Black on the side pipe covers looks ok, but the spoiler needs to be Yellow. If it stops raining today, and I can get some other projects done, I'll try to at least get it primed.

Thanks for your opinions.

May be some black racing stripes should be next?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I got further than I expected today so I was able to get the spoiler primed painted, and installed. I definitely think the yellow looks a lot better.
The Pace Car spoiler in my opinion makes the car appear more aggressive, and refined. Now I have to decide if I want to add the one to the rear.

SMYDA, I really like the rear of that Motion Vette. :cool: The nose on the other hand :huh: looks like a Porsche.

Thanks for the opinions :cheers:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The Pace Car spoiler in my opinion makes the car appear more aggressive, and refined. Now I have to decide if I want to add the one to the rear.
As a TRUE Southerner would say, "That's much more better". :thumbsup:

Yep, I don't care much for the nose of the Motion cars but that rear looks
mighty fine. :D

Add a rear spoiler and paint it black along with the whole rear like the Motion car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts