Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2006 a6 with borla stingers and vararam. I was looking at West Coast Corvette yesterday and saw a paddle shift setup where the left toggle was downshift but the right was changed to upshift the car instead of downshift. Has anyone tried this out and if so how hard is the instalation? The last thing I want to do is mess something up.:thud:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I've heard of it too but dont know anyone who has done this mod yet. Would also be interested in knowing how this is working out. :huh:

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
This is definately how the paddle shiftres should have come from the factory in the first place. This new conversion kit looks like just the ticket! I can't wait for someone to get these installed and post a review.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't comment on how hard the install is (I haven't done it), but I would think the hardest part is just removing the air bag. That module they are selling is a plug and play, no modificaions required and easily reversible.

If you don't mind cutting 2 wires I can tell you how to do it yourself with no parts required. That will give you a right pull = upshift and a left pull = downshift. I have a 07 A6 on order and that will be the first mod I do to it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't mind cutting the wires.. How is it done?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wouldn't mind cutting the wires.. How is it done?
Remove the steering wheel air bag, then look for the 3 wires that go from the left paddle to the right paddle (pink - tan - purple). You want to cut the tan and purple wires and swap them with 2 butt connectors. So you will end up having purple-to-tan and tan-to-purple connections. That's it :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts