Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did you switch to run flats with those rims.?or do you plan on using your plug and compressor.my car is so low,i don't think i would try that on the side of the road.not much room to work.especially the front.
i'm thinking of trying the 19 ' pirrelli run flat when i change my rims.was hoping someone has tried them...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry I just saw the page....well if I got a flat, I would probably have to call a tow truck and tell him to bring boards and then pray, or tell him to bring a LOW jack. I really dont know what I would do, I know you can get a bigger tire then what I got. I need about an inch taller tire I think. Mark

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you not happy with the look?or you just want to close the gap all the way?i specified on my insurance policy,flat-bed tow only...still need boards though.
last year i was in the toys-for-tots parade,DIC starts chiming,zero pressure,right rear.if i had regular tires i would have had to stop immediatly.my rocker panels would have been draging.with run-flats,i just keep going,had the tire fixed the next day,my tire guy hates when i show up.:laughing: thatnks for the reply.i will go with 19 " run flats i guess.they even go as narrow as 205/30/19.and all the sizes on up.i have until feb,just doing research..:buhbye:

·
Registered
41 Posts
from what i hear, stay away from run flats. there is a big difference in the feel without them. thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Im real happy with the look, low enough for me.My other ride is a 2001 silverado full air ride suspesion lifts with about 12" of ground clearance and then lays frame!!!!

my other ride...

I just sold it for 25,000$ :( I really miss that truck!!!

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah,man,
why did you sell it.
did it have air bags.?thats a sharpe truck.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I sold it cause I never drove it, it just sat in the ware house. It had air bags and I loved it, someday Ill have another. word of advice, find someone selling one dont build it yourself. Mark

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:laughing: i hear ya,i'm getting to old for this stuff.I need to save my energy for when i mod the c5.:buhbye:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts