Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Don,
Your post about the seats in your car had me searching for a week now and i found this.
AR9 Driver & Pass. European Bucket Seats NA 1,215 8% 418 3% 5,773 100% 7,406 21
Reccaro is european i think,i wonder if this is related to your seats?Do you have those euro reflectors/lights on the rear bumper?:buhbye:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, thanks for all the searching. I do not have anything different on my rear bumper.

This car was originally bought from a Jupiter,FL dealership. The warranty book says the original owner was Joe Tripp from Jupiter, FL. It was then ran thru an auto action at 9,000 miles. I am the 3rd owner.I Bought it from a Fl dealership at 12,000 miles.

The build sheet for the car (VIN 1G1YY32G425135035) has the following codes on seats:
AG2-six-waypower passenger seat
AQ9-Vinyl recardo bucket seats

I have tried to contact Joe to get a history on this car but, my only way to locate him was thru AOL's white pages....no luck.
Oh, I also tried the AT&T operator....no luck again. He must have moved

I do not know of any way to get anymore info on the car.
OH! - The last first title was FLorida 008606475
The second was Kentucky 031920630115
Thanks for your help again.

Don

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Don,
Do you have access to a scanner?Your build sheet has me so curious,i have the same exact options as you,but mine says reclining instead of recardo(like we talked about before).Every other word is exactly like your sheet though.Does it look like a possible mis-print or smear?I'm at work now so i can't see my sheet,but i have a couple more A?? options,one is for 6-way adjustable passenger power seat with air-bags,but this one is killing me-AQ9-Vinyl recardo bucket seats.

EDIT-one other thing i was thinking,if it was a one off custom order for someone,i don't think it would reflect that one the build sheet,because it's not part of the options library.:(

·
Registered
78 Posts
seats.

I was just wondering if someone mis read the build sheet or options sheet.

Are you sure it does not read Recaro Seats? Recaro has been a seat MFR for like 20 years now with a strong back ground in race seat development.

Recaro has worked with Ford and Chevrolet on numerous ocassions to develop seats for their specialty vehicles.

for example all Steve Saleen Mustang's have Recaro seats in them and if memory serves me correctly some Camaro's came with Recaro seats, and I know for a fact that the pontiac SLP Firehawks had them.

Anyway's just a thought. Double check the sheet I got a feeling it should read Recaro. Check out their web site.

www.recaro-seats.com

·
Registered
78 Posts
Recaro

I did some searching and Recaro does produce seats for General Motors still and also Chevrolet.

I also read on their web site that a large number of MFR's have Recaro seats listed as a option from the factory. Check the price of your seat option if it seems to be over priced! then they are probably Recaro seat's and not recardo.

·
Registered
90 Posts
YES - The build sheet says Recaro bucket seats. Letter by letter it reads:AQ9-VINYL RECARO BUCKET SEAT

I am havng a friends wife scan the build sheet so I can post it.
Strange option when no one has heard about it.
Don

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hawaii-5-Lo, Not having a lot of luck trying to get the build sheet scanned. It might be faster for me to mail a copy of it to you. If you will send me your address I'll send it to you. I bought a Epson printer/scanner yesteday but, I'm having trouble loading the software....get a message I have to update a driver.
Thanks Don.

·
Registered
78 Posts
RECARO SEATS.

:D Good deal looks like the seat mistery is solved.
I would like to see a photo of the seats in your car i'm wondering if they look different from a standatd or sport seat.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The build sheet s/b attached as a jpg.....Don

Well obviously that did not work!!! Could someone Please tell me how to attach this document. The document was saved in my c drive under my documents. It's file 0002.jpg

Thanks Don

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
don meyer said:
The build sheet s/b attached as a jpg.....Don

Well obviously that did not work!!! Could someone Please tell me how to attach this document. The document was saved in my c drive under my documents. It's file 0002.jpg

Thanks Don
you have to upload it into the gallery....upload it there and then once it's approved use the URL of the picture in the image tags..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not to sound like a smart ass, but could Ricky have worked at the assembly plant at the time the car was being built? Maybe he added the D.............. Just messin:D

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello Don,
Good to know we got that part fiqured out,the next weird thing is my seat option numbers are the same as yours,with the exception,it says sport seats?And they are definatly sport seats in my car.I have never seen a C5 with Recaro seats.Wonder what they look like.Maybe it's worth finding some and putting them back in the car.Maybe there so sweet that the origanal owner took them out before he sold them.In the origanal post a few weeks ago,i remember getting a little grief from someone when i said,"are you sure it doesn't say Recaro?";)

Sorry,i disappear from the web when i'm on my days off,i get so much to do lately.
One other thing,option IL-3 Trim interior design-AQ9.Is ther something different with the interior also?I have that option also.But everything in my car looks like every other c5 iv'e seen.
So i have the same seat and interior options as you,except i have no recaro seats and my interior looks the same as every other C5 iv'e seen.Are we paying for options that don't really exsist.WTF?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I want to thank Punk Boy for posting the Build sheet & welcome back Hawaii- 5- lo - My car looks just like any other C5 but, apparently a previous owner did some changes. I would guess it was the second owner Riverside Auto Mart of London,KY.

My goal is to figure of the difference between the build sheet & the car so I can put it back to original. Iam trying to locate the previous owner.
Thanks again -Punk Boy & Hawai 5 Lo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts