Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Steve,
Did you ever get any pictures with your rims yet?I'm curious to see.The motorsports are really growing on me..:cheers:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wassup, Todd?

I have pics of the car with black rims in the gallery. I thought you saw them already, my bad.
I enjoy them a lot. The black centers with polished lip makes them different than the "regular" Zo6 rims.
Lemme know what you think.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awe man,
Those look great.I have the chrome ones with zo6 tires.I missed this when i was a way i guess.Really looks nice..:cheers: :cheers:
Could you please tell me the size tires you have on the (specifically the profile),those are probably the tires i'll get when i need new ones.Mahalo...

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
From what I can see from the photo they are Kumho Ecsta 712 tires. Thats what i've got on mine and they look almost identical. If you look closely you can see the word Kumho on the sidewall.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,ya,i did see that,thats what got me thinking,i love the Kuhmos i had on my 89.I am really curious about the profile.It looks like he has the same size (profile) front and back.The c5s have a 17" front tire,and 18 rear tire,and stock,the front tire is noticably "thicker" or more profile.I'm trying to keep my "profile" the same.

Example... front 265/35 /17
..............rear 295/35 /18...not stock sizes.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Todd,

The fronts are 245/45 17 and the backs are 275/40 18.
The tires are Kumho Exsta ASX. (They're the all-season versions of the Exsta line) IMO, they offer good grip for the money, and are WAY better than the stock runflats.
I can't say anything about wet weather handling, as the car hasn't seen any since I've owned it.:laughing:
I think I have the same size rim/tire combo as stock. This is OK with me, as I just wanted to change the look of the car through adding rims.

HTH!

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool,:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts