Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup bro..
I'm probably going to the track next wed nite,wanna go?I will be going solo so far....
Toolman someone want to go..??

·
Registered
110 Posts
Todd,

Sorry man, I try to keep close to home on the weekdays, due to my "early" work schedule. Hope you turn some good numbers, though.
Ask "funny man" Dave. Maybe he'll go.:smack

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
EFI-4 said:
Todd,

Sorry man, I try to keep close to home on the weekdays, due to my "early" work schedule. Hope you turn some good numbers, though.
Ask "funny man" Dave. Maybe he'll go.:smack
:D

Doing a photoshoot today for the LS1tech.com calendar.....but Wednesdays are uysually my "quality time" nights.;)

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bring the whole family Steve..;) Na,,
It's hard to get people to go on the week nights,the only day i can go really,it's my day off.One good thing,it's usually alot less crowded,but there's mostly kids and the track is dirty.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah, weekdays are not the best for me. I might be willing to go and watch. I would not be able to drive the Vette though.:(

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll let you by sunday if i'm going for sure.Another reason to fix that oil leak..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
257 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
I'll let you by sunday if i'm going for sure.Another reason to fix that oil leak..:thumbsup:
:laughing:

I took the cover off tonight and went for a mile drive.:D

I put in the alcohol tank again. I had to weld up a pin hole leak. :( I do not know if I can pull and polish the intake over this weekend.:bang

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya,i underestimated the time it would take to polish the plenum,i think it took about 16 hours.:surprised Theres so much "texture",if it was sooth to start with,that would cut the time in half.

Tip,i didn't do the bottom,no one will see it anyway..;)

You can always paint the plenum,runners,and intake manifold,then polished aluminum or chrome valve covers,use the chrome as an accent,and your supercharger is polished already.

·
Registered
257 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:

Tip,i didn't do the bottom,no one will see it anyway..;)
:surprised I would never do that. :lookinup: :D

hawaii-5-lo said:

You can always paint the plenum,runners,and intake manifold,then polished aluminum or chrome valve covers,use the chrome as an accent,and your supercharger is polished already.
I like the look of the polished runners. I want to polish everything that I can.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking forward to seeing the final product....Maybe you can get a polishing tool kit (you are the toolman)and speed things up.I used sand paper by hand starting with 220 grit and finishing with 2000 grit.The rotary tool would just scratch too deep,and create more work.
I did some of it in front of the tv watching football..:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
Looking forward to seeing the final product....Maybe you can get a polishing tool kit (you are the toolman)and speed things up.I used sand paper by hand starting with 220 grit and finishing with 2000 grit.The rotary tool would just scratch too deep,and create more work.
I did some of it in front of the tv watching football..:D
Yeah, I am thinking of getting a kit from Eastwood. Most likely I will just do it by hand as well.:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts