Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Grumpy,
need some expert advise please.My good friend has a 91',ported TPI through out.Full 1.6 roller rocker's,straight threw exhaust,no-smog,52mm t-body,huge intake,3:07 rear,and a fresh hi-perf rebuild on the 700r4.
He is determined to install this nitrous kit,so i want to at least help him make it as safe as possible.The kit is a single stage 75hp 'dry' shot.It is coming off an 84 regal.electronic carb?I think i can fiqure everything out,the only problem i see(right now)is,how to get the fuel solenoid to talk to the fuel pump.Can it be spliced into the stock TPS switch?Is there a special TPS switch for this purpose?or does it communicate another way?I wanted more info on the kit before i posted,but this was the best i can do until tomorrow.thank's for any input....:smokin:

·
Super Moderator
8,520 Posts
first thing you should know is that the 1991 corvette normally uses a WET NITROUS system that takes its extra fuel from the shrader valve on the corvettes fuel rail simply because the ECU in the corvette may not work well with a DRY NITROUS SYSTEM, and you could burn pistons. I would strongly sugest calling the manufactureer of the nitrous system and ordering the necessary parts to convert over, the parts won,t be that expensive,and it SURE BEATS MELTED PISTONS
youll need the fuel lines,throttle body plate and solinoids,(ASK QUESTIONS DON,T RIG IT!!)

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's for the advise Grumpy-that's what we will do.Definatly will not rig-it...Thank's again:buhbye:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts