Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a rough guess on cost of doing a dash upgrade, I know you did yours...I found a 94-96 complete, but seems high...1700.00?

Going in a 89...what would be the challenges? I have no problem taking a part and putting back together..

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
ChiMan said:
What is a rough guess on cost of doing a dash upgrade, I know you did yours...I found a 94-96 complete, but seems high...1700.00?

Going in a 89...what would be the challenges? I have no problem taking a part and putting back together..
What does the 1700 include?

I would guess I spent around $1200 maybe.. I lost track and really don't want to know..

90 or 91 would be better electrically, since there is no ASR and such.

I think the 94-96 dash harness should mate up.. You will also need a 90 or 91 engine harness (much less of a headache) the main challenge is some of the brackets.. did you look on my website..

www.vettextc.net I have some note there but not all..

The biggest challenge will be getting a CCM programmed with the correct mileage..

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
taken from a 1995 corvette. one complete dash board assembly,
This is what it comes with:

thats right complete dash. comes with main dash frame with main dash wiring harness, body control module, air bag module and sensor, complete guage computer and guages, all air ducts, vents, dash information center, drivers air bag, passenger side air bag, top dash pad, left and right lower dash covers. climate control center, delco bose am fm cassette stereo with CD player, all nuts bolts , clips etc.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
ChiMan said:
taken from a 1995 corvette. one complete dash board assembly,
This is what it comes with:

thats right complete dash. comes with main dash frame with main dash wiring harness, body control module, air bag module and sensor, complete guage computer and guages, all air ducts, vents, dash information center, drivers air bag, passenger side air bag, top dash pad, left and right lower dash covers. climate control center, delco bose am fm cassette stereo with CD player, all nuts bolts , clips etc.
That is alot of parts.. $1700 sounds fair since your are getting both Air Bags and such..

Also the 90-96 Steering Column bolts in different, I decided to transfer the wiring to my 89 column, less air bag, and use the Stock 89 Wheel..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts