Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good shop in the west 'burbs. I would like to lower my '94 and I will probably replace the opti and water pump this year.

I would also like to know what your thoughts are on replacing the computer chip. I've heard some say that the gains aren't worth the money.

Thanks, Jeff.

P.S.- I liked my old shop, but ther're not around anymore ;) .

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Jeff,

Sorry for not seeing this sooner. As far as a good shop to do some work on your pride and joy, check out Power House Performance (Orland Park). They have a solid reputation. I've never had any work done there because I was involved in another Vette shop that the owner ran into the ground.

http://www.powerhouseperformanceinc.com/

I know the owners and they are both good guys with some badass rides (Vette and a T/A). They will most likely be the shop I use for some work I will need, that I can't do myself.

As far as chips go, an off the shelf chip is a waste of money. Custom tuning is the way to go. Another digvette forum member has experience with tuning. Feel free to page -=Jeff=- and ask him what he can do for you. Last word I got was that he has some free time on his hands now so, you guys should be able to work something out. -=Jeff=- is a good guy to deal with and is a wealth of C4 knowledge. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps you out. :D

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I just noticed your sig says you have a '94... which means you don't have a chip anymore (LUCKY YOU)! You can tune your Vette with a laptop and a tuner program like LT1 Edit.

I would also recommend getting your hands on a program called AutoTap. AutoTap will let you monitor, and record, what your motor is doing and will give you a better idea of what can be changed to improve your Vettes performance.

Tuning your Vette is a million times easier then deal with chips. If I had done a little more research before I bought mine, I would of gone with a '94 or newer just for the fact that tuning is sooooo much easier then pre '94 models.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
BubbleHead said:
Tuning your Vette is a million times easier then deal with chips. If I had done a little more research before I bought mine, I would of gone with a '94 or newer just for the fact that tuning is sooooo much easier then pre '94 models.
Nah, Tim either is good.. problem with a 94 if something happens during a upload and it stops, you are basically screwed..

The PROM route in the 93-older is great, I have not had too much trouble with that.. Tim, when we gonna mess with your PROM?

Jeff,

since you live in the Chicago area, I could help out with tuning.. I just need to get a cable to program with.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
Nah, Tim either is good.. problem with a 94 if something happens during a upload and it stops, you are basically screwed..

The PROM route in the 93-older is great, I have not had too much trouble with that.. Tim, when we gonna mess with your PROM?

Jeff,

since you live in the Chicago area, I could help out with tuning.. I just need to get a cable to program with.
You are right about the problems if an upload is interrupted, I wasn't even thinking about that.

We'll have to play with mine soon, I have some spare eproms along with 2 complete chips from my Vette. We have to figure something out cuz I'm still hitting the rev limiter in 1st at WOT. I've figured out a way to minimize it, but it still happens.:(

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
BubbleHead said:
You are right about the problems if an upload is interrupted, I wasn't even thinking about that.

We'll have to play with mine soon, I have some spare eproms along with 2 complete chips from my Vette. We have to figure something out cuz I'm still hitting the rev limiter in 1st at WOT. I've figured out a way to minimize it, but it still happens.:(
Just let me know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts