Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dude,
if you don't mind me asking,why did you change back to street tire's?did your drag-radial's chip the rear quarter panel and fender lip?i'm seriously considering getting some.i have a saturn for daily driving,
and no,i will not put that "clear-tastic"product anywere on my car.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
Hey dude,
if you don't mind me asking,why did you change back to street tire's?did your drag-radial's chip the rear quarter panel and fender lip?i'm seriously considering getting some.i have a saturn for daily driving,
and no,i will not put that "clear-tastic"product anywere on my car.:laughing:
I got my best 60' times on street tires.
I got my worst 60' times on drag radials.

The car handles awesome on street tires.
The car handles like a wet noodle with drag radials on the back.

So, my unpleasant experience allowed me the joy of tossing them into a dumpster.:buhbye:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow,that's interesting...thank's..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no-i'm trying anything at this point to get some traction at our track.the one i alway's complain about.dirt track up wind of the launch pad.
it's just such a pain to get my car off the ground,i don't want to be changing tire's at the track.(i would have to tow a trailer with jack's and wood block's:laughing: ).
so i was curious how they were for daily driving.

i never thought about it,but the drag-radial's might have weaker side wall's than other tire's,so maybe they flex when cornering?creating the noodle effect.that ain't good,because i do some mid -nite cornering now and again:laughing:

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
no-i'm trying anything at this point to get some traction at our track.the one i alway's complain about.dirt track up wind of the launch pad.
it's just such a pain to get my car off the ground,i don't want to be changing tire's at the track.(i would have to tow a trailer with jack's and wood block's:laughing: ).
so i was curious how they were for daily driving.

i never thought about it,but the drag-radial's might have weaker side wall's than other tire's,so maybe they flex when cornering?creating the noodle effect.that ain't good,because i do some mid -nite cornering now and again:laughing:
Your track isn't prepped well. You'll have the same problem with drag radials.

You need to go the cheaper route.... go to your racing store and buy a 5 gallon bucket of VHT (which they should be spraying on the track). Roll it on your tires with a paint roller, let it sit for a few minutes. You'll then hook wonderfully... and everyone will be jealous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts