Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't have one now, but be glad to take some and post.
I'll post a few pics on this thread in a day or two.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If a shift light is what you’re looking for,
IMO this is the best setup.
Link is with easy to follow instructions. :cheers:

Raptor Light Install

I bought a regular shift light, which in installed where the ash tray used to be. I gutted the cigarette lighter and tray, so once you flip the cigarette flap, the light is just behind.

I think I prefer the setup this guy did.
Going to buy two of these units.
One I'm going to set at 6000 rpm.
The second, at 6250 rpm.

This way, you can shift at 6000 rpm when taking it to redline’s not needed. But more importantly, you can judge when your about to hit redline, buy judging how long it took between the first and second light to come on, and use that as a reference to judge your rpm's at redline, without the need to look down at your tach.
This can be adjusted to more or less spread between the two to fit one's preference.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here we go.

This is the Hurst S/S, with the B&M T-Handle, with a 12 volt trigger. I perfered the much larger trigger on the B&M than the Hurst T-Handle, which is a tiny red button.
Both the B&M and the Hurst don't fit the 9/16 threads on the Hurst pole, so I had the T-Handle tapped (?) to the correct size.
Also bought a 9/16 bolt with the notches, to lock in the handle.

Planning on installing a Hurst Line Lock soon to the trigger. :D

Pics posted a few posts below.
Thanks Patrick96LT4! :cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
tlaselva said:
Here we go.

This is the Hurst S/S, with the B&M T-Handle, with a 12 volt trigger. I perfered the much larger trigger on the B&M than the Hurst T-Handle, which is a tiny red button.
Both the B&M and the Hurst don't fit the 9/16 threads on the Hurst pole, so I had the T-Handle tapped (?) to the correct size.
Also bought a 9/16 bolt with the notches, to lock in the handle.

Planning on installing a Hurst Line Lock soon to the trigger. :D

Sorry guy's, how the *&%$! do you attach a pic? :huh:
Upload it to the gallery, then link to it here.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
We had installed that same style shift lite into the a/c vent on the right side of the steering wheel. You don't know it's there until it lights up.

Just another idea for you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Posted 2 pics under the Gallery > Engines, mods, and other parts, up close!

At time of this post, pics were still pending, should be available shortly.

BubbleHead said:
We had installed that same style shift lite into the a/c vent on the right side of the steering wheel. You don't know it's there until it lights up.

Just another idea for you.
Not a bad idea. Thanks.
Like to keep these lights as descrete as possible.
Every little bit helps when the boyz in blue have you pulled over for a discussion....:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts