Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey buddy,
did you get the shift point and other thing's dialed in?if so what was your solution?...:smokin:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Aloha hawaii-5-lo!

Thanks for asking, you're gonna love this. I was going to take it to the trans place and have him take a look at it but I developed another problem. Both band clamps are coming loose from in front and behind the cat. I see the black streaks from leaking exhaust coming from both and the exhaust is a little louder than normal. Besides being loud it sounds like it's being tapped by a hammer.

I tried to put the Vette on ramps but my garage floor is like ice and the ramps are sliding on the floor. :( I have to figure out how I'm going to keep the ramps still and that's where I'm at with that right now. :rolleyes:

I did however lower the fuel pressure and backed off the timing to stock specs b/c on top of all this I got my emission notice in the mail. :surprised

What an adventure this year turned out to be. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
I tried to put the Vette on ramps but my garage floor is like ice and the ramps are sliding on the floor. :( I have to figure out how I'm going to keep the ramps still and that's where I'm at with that right now. :rolleyes:
Do what I did, I took two 6-foot 2x4s, and put them between the back of the ramps, and the garage wall. As you pull forward, the 2x4's wedged against the wall will keep the ramps from moving forward.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:laughing: crack's me up.my car is a bitch to get off the ground.i can't even stick my arm under the car.i place 2x4s in front of the tire's.roll up on them,and then onto 4x4 block's,then i can get a jack for lowered car's under the subframe.this is why i still have run flat's also...
hang in there.thing's will turn around for you.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
Originally posted by War Machine ...<br>
Pat,

I tried doing that but my garage walls are that pegboard stuff. The 2x4's went right through it. :surprised I could try and figure out another way to push against the studs b/c my first attemp was sucky at best.<br>
Solved! Put a 2x8 along the base of the wall then put the 2x4's up to that!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Another way that I have done in the past since these cars are so low. I couldn't just drive up on them let alone the ramps sliding out from under me. I made an extension with wood that sat 1/2 the way up the ramp (about 3 feet of wood). Then I had the extension so the ramp angle wasn't that bad as well as the pressure against the ramp held it in place. Just my .02 cents worth.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
**Update**

I was able to get the car on the ramps and practically got nowhere. I did find out the noise was coming from the band clamp that joins the cat to the rear y-pipe. I can see the scratches on the y-pipe and the indentation on the clamp that shows the y-pipe is backing out. The ramps only raise the car high enough for me to get just one arm back there and I ran out of PB Blaster so off to PHP I go to have them straighten it out.

I can kill 3 birds w/ one stone while I'm there. First, I take the car to Trans Eddies before PHP opens, which is right around the corner on the same building. :cool: Next I take the Vette to PHP to have them fix the clamp and when that's done I will ask to use their Auto Xray to make final checks before I go take the emission test. :smokin:

hawaii, I've seen a lot of lowered cars at PHP in the last 18 mos. I've been going there. They all get the "2x4s in front of the tire's, roll up on them" treatment just to get them on the lift. They look nice lowered but damn that's a PIA. :laughing:

Thanks All for ideas on how to keep the ramps from sliding. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
Originally posted by War Machine ...<br>
**Update**

I was able to get the car on the ramps and practically got nowhere. I did find out the noise was coming from the band clamp that joins the cat to the rear y-pipe. I can see the scratches on the y-pipe and the indentation on the clamp that shows the y-pipe is backing out. The ramps only raise the car high enough for me to get just one arm back there and I ran out of PB Blaster so off to PHP I go to have them straighten it out.

I can kill 3 birds w/ one stone while I'm there. First, I take the car to Trans Eddies before PHP opens, which is right around the corner on the same building. :cool: Next I take the Vette to PHP to have them fix the clamp and when that's done I will ask to use their Auto Xray to make final checks before I go take the emission test. :smokin:

hawaii, I've seen a lot of lowered cars at PHP in the last 18 mos. I've been going there. They all get the "2x4s in front of the tire's, roll up on them" treatment just to get them on the lift. They look nice lowered but damn that's a PIA. :laughing:<br>
Don't you have a jack so you can get the car on jackstands?

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I'm back to square one with the upshift light. The trans guy says I'm the first person he knows that has this particular problem. He went through his books and computer programs and could not find anything. Maybe a piece of electrical tape over the light will do for now. ;) I did notice something wierd about the shiftlight though. It works normally in all other gears. If I leave it in D and drive around 55-60 mph, the light will go on in a couple minutes. When I put it in OD and do the same speeds the light will come on w/in 10 seconds.

The exhaust rattle came from a couple of header primary pipes touching eachother. The sound definately was the leaking cat band clamp. Is that normal for primaries to rattle off eachother? Or is it a case of you get what you pay for?

When setting fuel pressure, do I check the integrater on the scan tool? I got it at 131 at idle and 128-130 at WOT. I didn't get much time to work on that last night before the shop closed up. I was able to bring the scan tool home w/ me and I'd like to know what to check for fuel.

Any help would be very appreciated. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts