Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some things I've added to my 2007 C6. Everything was made/painted by me. Like the grill and vents are made from chromed aluminium mesh... the cargo mat is leather - cut to fit with a free-hand painted emblem and script.

The dash is done with Bare Metal Foil.

That big piece of leather makes the car smell so good.

The hood liner took 3 coats of "1 Shot Lettering Enamel".

Painted the emblem on the stock air intake. It should have came that way.

I enjoy painting and tinkering... but I love driving it. Hope you like what I've done, I'd love to hear your comments.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the positive remarks. It means more coming from other Corvette owners.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Mann you do some really nice work :thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks great:partyon:

Are you going to leave those 4 parts/connectors gray under the hood or paint them red to match the rest:huh:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I'm really liking that Leather Cargo mat...pretty cool!

The car looks great! :partyon:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great:partyon:

Are you going to leave those 4 parts/connectors gray under the hood or paint them red to match the rest:huh:
Good eye. I was going to paint them all silver, but my son suggested doing them in red when I had those ones already done. So I did the rest in red and then I thought that it looked pretty cool like that. I might go ahead and paint them all red.

Thanks to everyone for all of the compliments!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good eye. I was going to paint them all silver, but my son suggested doing them in red when I had those ones already done. So I did the rest in red and then I thought that it looked pretty cool like that. I might go ahead and paint them all red.

Thanks to everyone for all of the compliments!
Since your messing with those try painting one the same color as the mat to blend in.........you might even like that better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since your messing with those try painting one the same color as the mat to blend in.........you might even like that better.
That is the way they were... and you are right, I may end up doing that. I was also thinking of painting some small Chevy emblems on the silver ones... just to be different... or getting those chrome ones to replace all of them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm really liking that Leather Cargo mat...pretty cool!

The car looks great! :partyon:
Thanks! It came out better than I thought it would. I got the leather from Tandy Leather... I never bought a big piece of leather before, but apparently you have to buy the whole side of the cow :crazy: Needless to say, I have some left over, but it only cost about $100. I haven't figured out what I'm using the rest for, but I'll think of something.

The paint on that was done with acrylic paint markers because I've used them on my leather jackets for years. BTW, my leather jacket has been updated with the Corvette emblem as well :D

(who would have thought it would be this difficult to take a picture of a jacket... this is the best out of six attempts... but you get the idea)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did this last night. It might be hard to tell from the picture, but it is painted silver. I'm pretty happy with the results. After the paint drys for 24 hours, I'll have to wash the back of the car (it is a little dirty outside the area I was working)

Thanks to everyone again for all of the compliments!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts