Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today the old girl was loaded up on a trailer and is now just a third of the way to it's new home for a few months while it gets a much needed makeover. I'll post pics tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
very nice. Bet you're excited :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course man:laughing: While I'm at it I'm painting the rims Orion silver pearlesent. Got alot to do over the several months or however long it takes. Can't wait to start.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
That car is going to look amazing. Even the years worn WBY paint I saw when you had your car here was awesome. A new coat fresh and gleaming is going to be spectacular.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be shooting the paint when the time comes. First order of business is to have a glass man remove the windshield and then determine how much of the birdcage needs to be repaired and then have a new windshield installed. For those who have the white ZL-1 stripe with pinstripe outline can you post or PM the dimensions please. Alot of time in prep work but I love getting down and dirty. It'll have several coats of paint and several clear coats. By the way I'll be painting it in a booth so no crap gets in the paint. I'll post the pics tomorrow and keep y'all informed on the progress over the next couple of months.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Congrats I'm sure your excited, and it will be worth it when it's all said and done. I sent mine out several months ago and is now finally getting ready to prime and paint. I can't wait to see it with fresh paint on it. Don't want to steal your thread so I will only post 2 pics
.. ,

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go ahead and post all the pics you want:thumbsup: I want to see yours when it's done. What color you painting yours? Mine is Sunrise pearlesent by house of kolor.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I will be keeping the stock color Donnybrooke Green but I will be putting some pearl in it, for a slight variation. The original color was a little dark and flat for me.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good:thumbsup: You going to repaint the stock rims or do have aftermarket rims? I'm repainting my stockers for now until my budget says otherwise. Can't wait to see yours done as I'm sure it'll be gorgeous:thumbsup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had them bead blasted and then repainted with stock color. they came out great , the shop even made sure to mount the tires with the valve stem in the same spot ..

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They look fantastic:thumbsup: I'm going to sand mine and paint them Orion silver pearlesent(house of kolor of course). Keep the pictures coming:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts