1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one used any of these products?
SEM Rust Shield #38901 with hardener #38008
Eastwood Chassis black
Eastwood Extreme Chassis black

I was leaning towards the SEM product but it looks like it doesnt go over self etch primer? same for the other products. Local body shop supply was no help! I have searched the SEM web site to find what the primers is? No luck!

Typically I would use DP epoxy primer over the self etch, but im trying to avoid spraying in the garage, and keep the cost down! I really dont want to sand the self etch off! Any thoughts?

Would it be possible to mix DP epoxy primer and brush or roll out?

· Premium Member
3,612 Posts
I would give Eastwood a call directly. Unlike most suppliers, they actually have competent tech people who can give you some input.

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Self-etching primer is a bitch. Once cured, almost nothing sticks to it. Either strip or sand most of it off and spray the DP epoxy directly on the frame or strip the self-etching primer and apply new self-etching primer and then within an hour or two follow with the DP. IIRC, the directions on the self-etching primer state that it has a top-coat time restriction for maximum adhesion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.