Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The warm weather and the Mod bug has hit me :laughing: These are some of the mods so far. Red calipers painted with duplicolor and Black Cray Scorpions 18/19 setup. Pay no attention the rusty rotors as I had just washed the wheels, plus the next mod is Eradispeed rotors :thumbsup:

Old setup

:partyon:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
The wheels look very nice...:partyon: but I'm distracted by that "grand canyon" between the tops of your tires and the fender lip. Is an altitude adjustment in your future?:D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheels look very nice...:partyon: but I'm distracted by that "grand canyon" between the tops of your tires and the fender lip. Is an altitude adjustment in your future?:D
Lol, yes if I can find someone in the GA to do it for me.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Drop on stock bolts for the time being and just get the alignment done.

Oh and hi GA Vette driver! :buhbye:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice indeed. Did you do the Calipers yourself?
Sure did. Took the wheels off and put about 5 coats on them with the brush from the duplicolor kit. It turned out nicely I think. The key was to let the previous coat dry long enough (25mins) before you put the next coat on or it will smear.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Nice

Nice, where did you buy the wheels from?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey, the new rollers look really cool!

Don't pay good $$$ to lower that beast... it is just too easy to do yourself!

The front is the hardest... buy a nice 6 point 10mm box wrench for the task. Raise and support the C5, pull the front wheel and then use a jack to gently lift the leaf spring to take the pressure off the adjusting bolt. Then crank it approx. 5-1/2 turns until it bottoms on the bump stop (bushing). Back it off 1/4 turn. Done. Off to the other front tire ya go.

Rear is very easy... Use a box wrench to hold the nut on top and ratchet to turn the lowering bolt 5 full turns (fewer threads will show above the nut on top when done) and you are set. Repeat on other rear bolt and DONE.

Drive it around to settle her, tweak settings if needed and when you are finally ready, take off to the alignment shop to dial it back in.

Do a search... lots of advice on here and some other Vette sites. My Z51 dropped 1/2", but a non Z51 will drop further.

:cheers: Chuck

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, the new rollers look really cool!

Don't pay good $$$ to lower that beast... it is just too easy to do yourself!

The front is the hardest... buy a nice 6 point 10mm box wrench for the task. Raise and support the C5, pull the front wheel and then use a jack to gently lift the leaf spring to take the pressure off the adjusting bolt. Then crank it approx. 5-1/2 turns until it bottoms on the bump stop (bushing). Back it off 1/4 turn. Done. Off to the other front tire ya go.

Rear is very easy... Use a box wrench to hold the nut on top and ratchet to turn the lowering bolt 5 full turns (fewer threads will show above the nut on top when done) and you are set. Repeat on other rear bolt and DONE.

Drive it around to settle her, tweak settings if needed and when you are finally ready, take off to the alignment shop to dial it back in.

Do a search... lots of advice on here and some other Vette sites. My Z51 dropped 1/2", but a non Z51 will drop further.

:cheers: Chuck
Thanks for the info :) You make it sound so easy that I may actually give this a shot next weekend. I also have the how to bookmarked as well :cheers:

·
Registered
883 Posts
There is nothing better than a Silver Vette with Cray wheels!:partyon:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts