Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,
I was interested to know if anybody had painted your ZO6 or aftermarket brake ducts to match their car? Any pics?
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
nice idea.:buhbye:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Hey Guys long time reader, first time posting. I think that would look really cool if you painted the ducts. I thought about it myself and my only worry would be possible chipping. I would bet that you would have to do some serious paint prep for that. You probably have to use a flexible paint to alow for contraction and expansion in the sun. If anyone has pics and how they did it please show!!:agree:
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
maybe you could try the brake duct screens,and paint those body color.thats what i'm going to do to my fog-light openings.:smokin:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,220 Posts
c5chris99 said:
Hey Guys long time reader, first time posting. I think that would look really cool if you painted the ducts. I thought about it myself and my only worry would be possible chipping. I would bet that you would have to do some serious paint prep for that. You probably have to use a flexible paint to alow for contraction and expansion in the sun. If anyone has pics and how they did it please show!!:agree:
Hi c5chris99! Glad you finally joined in on the fun.

I think if the surface is prepared properly, the use PPQ or the like with a flex agent, it should come out perfectly.

But, it is in an interesting place where it can take hits from rocks.

I also think it would look cool.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
I think West Coast Corvette had carbon overlays for the ducts. It would cool if they had plain plastic overlays. Then you could paint them and stick them on. I noticed that the back side of mine had a few nicks in them. Either way they would look really cool. It would be nice if someone made a lower panel with the Z06 scoop integrated into it, maybe in the future...

Glad to be part of this web community
 

·
DC Pit Crew
Joined
·
11,957 Posts
c5chris99 said:
I think West Coast Corvette had carbon overlays for the ducts. It would cool if they had plain plastic overlays. Then you could paint them and stick them on. I noticed that the back side of mine had a few nicks in them. Either way they would look really cool. It would be nice if someone made a lower panel with the Z06 scoop integrated into it, maybe in the future...

Glad to be part of this web community
do you mean kinda like this?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Yah, those look awesome seen those before. I was thinking if they used the made that lower panel and the z06 scope all one piece instead of two seperate pieces. so everything would be totally seemless. The setup you are showing looks really cool, is that just a pass thru scope or is there duct work behind it?
 

·
DC Pit Crew
Joined
·
11,957 Posts
c5chris99 said:
Yah, those look awesome seen those before. I was thinking if they used the made that lower panel and the z06 scope all one piece instead of two seperate pieces. so everything would be totally seemless. The setup you are showing looks really cool, is that just a pass thru scope or is there duct work behind it?
no clue not my car..it was at the CF Cruise In III i snapped a pic of it cause i thought it look 100 times better than the Z06 brake ducts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Saw a Z06 at SEMA that just had the out side edge painted to match, they looked real good. then I saw some painted black that looked good too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
You may want to take a look at a few Z06's and see how vulnerable those rear scoops are to road gravel and the like. THEY TAKE A BEATING.

I can only imagine how bad they'd become if painted.
If you have them, just go look closely at how much of a beating they take. Then think about painting them. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, the ones from LAPD are sweet! That would probably be the best way to go. Anybody seen any pics of these in another color besides white?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top