Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I wrote about this issue some time ago ...

I guess many with coupes will confirm the fact, that targa roof plexiglass eventually starts to show wear, tint starts to fall apart, scratches appear and it looks old and ugly. I heard many water-sand it with 1000, 1500 or 2000 grit sand paper and than polish it.

I tried to fix mine with an external self-adhesive foil (carbon look), BUT the plexiglass started to outgass and bubbles have formed. So it's not a perfect solution. I was thinking of painting it, but I was worried outgassing could lift the paint too. So I didn't go any further with it.

I found out there are some people who painted it and the results seem to be superb. Here's a link to another forum, where I found this thread.
[http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1559425730#post1559425730]

Anyone ever had the top painted, I want to know if the paint will stick to the surface since it's plexiglass?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Just had this procedure done on my black 97 coupe. The paint job was supurb and looked like liquid glass.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
A friend of mine done it to his pewter 97, rather his Dad did. He kept the car for about a year after and the paint still looked great.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
why not just get a new roof panel? :huh: painting it seems like a lot of work to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts