Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to paint my rear fascia rather than installing an overlay. Here is a quick how to.

1) to make things easier I put my car up on some ramps

2) Here is what you will need. 1200 grit sandpaper,masking tape,newspaper,pinstripe masking tape,rubbing alcohol,soapy water,paint, and some beer.

3) begin by wetsanding with the sandpaper and soapy water over the area to be painted. Donot sand over the body line edge.Lightly sand to rough up the clear coat. The area should no longer look shiny. When finished crack open a cold one.

4 ) dry area with towel and then clean with rubbing alcohol. Now apply the pinsrtipe masking tape to the top edge of the body line

5) Now cover the rear bumper with masking tape and newspaper and also the exhaust.Begin with a light coat of spray paint. I used Dupli-color flat black that I bought from Napa.

6) keep putting on light coats till area is completely covered. Make sure you get into the vent holes and around the exhaust.

7) let dry for about 15 mins ,then carefully pull of the masking tape. Stand back drink a beer and pat yourself on the back.

here is before

Here is the finished look

Thats it. took about 40 mins and about $20. Good Luck

·
Registered
948 Posts
great post! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Looks good man!!:cheers:

I would definately need something stronger than beer to touch my car with sandpaper.:thud:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nice little DIY self work. Now you've got yourself a look-a-like '05+!

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,902 Posts
Looks good on the MY.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Did mine last week. Looks great! Very simple to do also and well worth the extra work to do it yourself.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks really good bro! :thumbsup:
Thanks Wit. I stll am contemplating doing the fender stripes. I really like how you did yours with the red pinstripe

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
That looks really sharp!:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts