Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use my C5 mainly for track days. The brake pads leave so much crud on the wheels I thought I'd just paint 'em flat black. Knowing there are tricks to painting correctly I'd thought I'd ask you guys what's the right way to prepare the wheel and what paint to use so it won't peal with the heat/cold etc.

·
Mo-Fo
7,510 Posts
I honestly don't know, but I'll bump this thread to see if we get a nibble. :thumbsup:

Welcome to DC!

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
I use my C5 mainly for track days. The brake pads leave so much crud on the wheels I thought I'd just paint 'em flat black. Knowing there are tricks to painting correctly I'd thought I'd ask you guys what's the right way to prepare the wheel and what paint to use so it won't peal with the heat/cold etc.
I am having one set of my wheels powdercoated a satin black, the other a glossy charcoal.

I agree, brake dust sucks after track days.

I would certainly have them powdercoated. The prep work alone on a wheel to get it to accept paint makes it worth the money... since they'll bead blast the wheel before they begin.:thumbsup:

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Try coating them with Rejex. Brake dust comes off easy. I would definitely think about powdercoating them if your goin to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts