Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
So - looks like what you think are facts are contradicted by this NPR interviewee ...

http://www.npr.org/2011/06/06/137011636/how-accurate-were-palins-comments-on-paul-revere

Steven
If you clowns really want to believe that the point of the Midnight Ride was to warn the British, go ahead. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. You're only embarrassing yourselves. :laughing:

other historians are saying, no, she was wrong-o. "He didn't warn the British," as Palin said Revere did, according to James Giblin, author of The Many Rides of Paul Revere. "That's her most obvious blooper." Revere's "assignment that night was to go to Lexington to warn Samuel Adams and John Hancock that British troops were moving in that direction from Boston," explained Kristin Peszka, director of interpretation and visitor's services at the Paul Revere House, which Palin visited last week shortly after she offered her view of American history.

Revere spilled the beans about American weapons once he was captured by the British. But "he wasn't warning the British," Giblin tells ABC News, even though Palin said "part of his ride" was to warn them. "He was boasting about the capabilities of Americans. He was propagandizing." As for Palin's comment that Revere "rang those bells" to warn the Brits, Peszka insists: "People did ring bells that night. It was a common way of alerting people to come out. But Revere was not the person ringing the bells." The most troubling aspect of the affair is that it's "disconcerting to realize that no one seems to know what happened in this iconic event," said one historian.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Now Paul Ravere was carrying beans -that he apparently split ? :laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Now Paul Ravere was carrying beans -that he apparently split ? :laughing:
:laughing: Now college boy knows more about what Paul Revere did/was doing than, Paul Revere did.... but no matter what size font used, I will still take Revere's account over anyone's revisionism... :thumbsup:

In fact, Revere’s own account of the ride in a 1798 letter seems to back up Palin’s claim. Revere describes how after his capture by British officers, he warned them “there would be five hundred Americans there in a short time for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.”

Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

http://bostonherald.com/news/us_poli...icleid=1343353

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
:rolling: :buhbye:

And now at least, we both know I didn't say anything that I was wrong about.

:cheers:
Righhhhhht. :crazy::crazy:

You know I wondered what kind of fanatics might try to change Wikipedia, just to try to make palin look smart....now I know just the type. :laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
The lemmings feel safer by bashing those that think differently than they. Sad...:laughing:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
:laughing: Now college boy knows more about what Paul Revere did/was doing than, Paul Revere did.... but no matter what size font used, I will still take Revere's account over anyone's revisionism... :thumbsup:

In fact, Revere’s own account of the ride in a 1798 letter seems to back up Palin’s claim. Revere describes how after his capture by British officers, he warned them “there would be five hundred Americans there in a short time for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.”

Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

http://bostonherald.com/news/us_poli...icleid=1343353
But thats not what she said. She said he was riding to warn the british. He was in fact riding to warn the americans. When he was captured he warned the british. She had all of her facts mixed up.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
The lemmings feel safer by bashing those that think differently than they. Sad...:laughing:
Like Bible Thumpers do?

:huh:

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
The most pertinant question that needs to be asked here is : who gives a ****?
DING DING DING!!!!! Winner winner, chicken dinner!!!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Like Bible Thumpers do?

:huh:
The left is much like hard core Bible Thumpers in this regard. However, can you give me an example of Bible Thumpers bashing leftist, especially to the point tis is happening to Palin?

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
The left is much like hard core Bible Thumpers in this regard. However, can you give me an example of Bible Thumpers bashing leftist, especially to the point tis is happening to Palin?
Westboro Baptist Church for one.
And all those doomsday dipshits that blame it all on the gays.
Try turning on the TV on sunday AM and listen to them.
Look at all the billboards bashing welfare and family planning services in rural areas.

Lots and lots.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
:laughing: I love this thread... this is more fun than pulling the wings off of flies.

:cheers:
I love the analogy! Politicians are like flies. You can always find them in the garbage, on dead animals, or on a pile of ****. And I love pulling their wings off!

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Westboro Baptist Church for one.
Westboro Baptist is about as right as Code Pink. :laughing:
And all those doomsday dipshits that blame it all on the gays.
:laughing: Care to name 1 or 2?
Try turning on the TV on sunday AM and listen to them.
No thanks. Where I live we have Horsepower TV on Sunday morning.
Look at all the billboards bashing welfare and family planning services in rural areas.
???
Lots and lots.
If you want to be specific, then we can discuss these points. But your examples, other than Westboro and them being leftist and all...

121 - 137 of 137 Posts