Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But, especially within hours of a tragedy unfolding, journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn.
This quote reflects my feelings perfectly:

Blood libel describes a horrible lie: the belief that Jews kill Christian children in order to make ritual use of their blood. The libel is nearly a thousand years old, and has been used by anti-Semites through the centuries to justify pogroms, massacres and the destruction of Jews.

For Ms Palin to use that phrase in a complaint about the media, in the aftermath of a mass murder where the primary target was a Jewish woman, is, to put it mildly, weird.
If calling the murder of a Jewish woman Blood Libel is not inappropriate, then I dont know what is.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I don't know if it fits the precise definition of blook libel, but to me, any knowingly false accusation of complicity to murder is a blood libel. I think that fits what the liberal politicians and pundits were doing in the last few days for pure political gain. It's frankly sick.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
If calling the murder of a Jewish woman Blood Libel is not inappropriate, then I dont know what is.
Ok, I gotta know.. :laughing: Do you really not understand that she is calling what the media did, the blood libel, and not the act itself? :huh: :lookinup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
This quote reflects my feelings perfectly:

omg.....:laughing:

I'm gonna hafta read up about that......:laughing:

sidenote:

Too bad she dont even hunt or shoot guns in reality.....:laughing:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I gotta know.. :laughing: Do you really not understand that she is calling what the media did, the blood libel, and not the act itself? :huh: :lookinup:
Give me some credit. Its use when refering to media situation surrouding the murder of a Jewish woman is too close for coincidence.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Give me some credit. Its use when refering to media situation surrouding the murder of a Jewish woman is too close for coincidence.
The Jewish connection does not fit here. Blood libel refers to a situation where Jews are the rumored bad-guys. In the current situation, a Jewish woman was the victim. There simply is no rational way to twist this reference and her Jewishness into some kind of racial thing.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
There simply is no rational way to twist this reference
Bingo.. this is a result of centralized thought and emotion, as opposed to individual thought and logic. Too many people can't think or rationalize or use logic in their everyday thinking, that's why so many people out there think Palin had anything to do with this. The mountain of evidence against that is Everest-esque, but in these people's mind it is the only answer, and a very high percentage of the country actually thinks this guy listened to Rush and then went and shot a congresswoman.. :crazy:

This is why you can have a member of congress, call for toning down rhetoric, when less than 5 months ago the exact same congressman was calling for an opposing candidate to be put against a wall and shot.

This is why, the media is now saying Palin has injected herself into the fray, when they pulled her in, themselves.

This is why, Obama said what he did about the Cambridge police, before any details had come out, resulting in his embarrassment (not really, because narcissists can't feel embarrassment) and the resulting "beer summit".

This is why Nancy Pelosi can campaign on "draining the swamp" and "pay as you go" while having the most corrupt and costly congress in the history of the country.

Their supporters don't have the necessary intellectual capacity to even realize what happened (We gotta vote for it, to see what's in it!).

:laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Don't hit the play button -stupid !

What in her comment, "specifically" -did you disagree with ?

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
What do you find so funny ?

"It was inappropriate at the outset to blame Sarah Palin and others for causing this tragedy or for being an accessory to murder. Â Palin has every right to defend herself against these kinds of attacks, and we agree with her that the best tradition in America is one of finding common ground despite our differences.

"Still, we wish that Palin had not invoked the phrase 'blood-libel' in reference to the actions of journalists and pundits in placing blame for the shooting in Tucson on others. While the term 'blood-libel' has become part of the English parlance to refer to someone being falsely accused, we wish that Palin had used another phrase, instead of one so fraught with pain in Jewish history."
The term Blood liable... has been used to persecute nearly every mainstream religion... including Christianity. Look it up before regurgitating even more leftist falsities... then the last two.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Don't hit the play button -stupid !

What in her comment, "specifically" -did you disagree with ?
You have a flat tire.

You know..............that you have a flat tire.

somebody runs up to you and tells you, ........that you have a flat tire...

Then 100000 more people tell you....that you have a flat tire, and that you deserve better than that..

Then 100000 more people stand around and tell younot your fault, that you can make it through this setback.... and that you were ripped off by the tire company and need to solve the flat tire problem together...

then you have some flat tire rallys......then they write a book about their flat tire and your flat tire......and how you all should unite against future flat tires.....

wash rinse repeat...

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

"It was inappropriate at the outset to blame Sarah Palin and others for causing this tragedy or for being an accessory to murder. Â Palin has every right to defend herself against these kinds of attacks, and we agree with her that the best tradition in America is one of finding common ground despite our differences.

"Still, we wish that Palin had not invoked the phrase 'blood-libel' in reference to the actions of journalists and pundits in placing blame for the shooting in Tucson on others. While the term 'blood-libel' has become part of the English parlance to refer to someone being falsely accused, we wish that Palin had used another phrase, instead of one so fraught with pain in Jewish history."
The term Blood liable... has been used to persecute nearly every mainstream religion... including Christianity. Look it up before regurgitating even more leftist falsities... then the last two.

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
You have a flat tire.

You know..............that you have a flat tire.

somebody runs up to you and tells you, ........that you have a flat tire...

Then 100000 more people tell you....that you have a flat tire, and that you deserve better than that..

Then 100000 more people stand around and tell younot your fault, that you can make it through this setback.... and that you were ripped off by the tire company and need to solve the flat tire problem together...

then you have some flat tire rallys......then they write a book about their flat tire and your flat tire......and how you all should unite against future flat tires.....

wash rinse repeat...
Wow, that sounds a LOT like the way Obama and the entire Democratic party operates...

"It's not your fault, it's someone else's fault and they MUST PAY!"

Or, you could just take the standpoint of a rational person, and change the ****ing tire...:thumbsup::nuts:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Wow, that sounds a LOT like the way Obama and the entire Democratic party operates...

"It's not your fault, it's someone else's fault and they MUST PAY!"

Or, you could just take the standpoint of a rational person, and change the ****ing tire...:thumbsup::nuts:
no.

One has no solutions, the other has expensive solutions....

·
Banned
12,109 Posts

doode...

u cherry picked one of 8 responses....:laughing:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts