Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
think it was time for a new set of tires?

front was aligned last October after a complete rebuild. Within 1000 miles I had considerably more wear on the inside of the fronts than the outside. Suspecting a camber issue, I removed 1/8" of shims from each location. What the hell, the alignment was ****ed already. Then I put new 550# springs on and the ride height dropped an inch or so. Drove it 1200 miles to colorado and back and shortly there after I was seeing chords :down:

After talking to the alignment guy I found out that it was probably a toe issue rather than camber based on the fact that it was gradual wear all the way from inside to outside. A camber issue would have worn very heavily on the inside and hardly at all on the outside.

Got a new set of BFG Radial T/A's for $300 and $4 shipping :laughing: Some kind of fluke with the site's shipping calculation I guess. However, mounting, balancing, and disposal of old tires cost another $116.

225/70R15 up front and 255/60R15 in back. Definitely takes a little more to break the back end loose. Has a little deeper squeal when they're spinnin' as well. :partyon: I'm also very glad to have the white letters. Looks much better than without.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks cool man. Nice tires for a muscle Vette!! Intereting choice of sizes front versus back. Hows that working out?
ThanX
Lyon

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks cool man. Nice tires for a muscle Vette!! Intereting choice of sizes front versus back. Hows that working out?
ThanX
Lyon
:laughing: just noticed that I had a typo in there. used to say 225/70 in front and 225/60 in back. Supposed to be 255/60 in back. It's workin out well overall. Didn't want to get too wide up front with manual steering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts