Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone! It's the Parrot squawking again! LOL

I thought I would stick this in the lounge so everyone can read how impressed I am with DC!!!!! Nobody has put me up to this but I think it is important for everyone to see how much this site has impressed us Parrots. Parrots are smart creatures and we can pick out a winner of a website when we see one. DC is one of those winners and I would like to tell you why and let you know why I have chosen to be a supporting member!!!!!!!!!

I have always wanted a Corvette since I was a baby Parrot! I originally wanted a convertible but when I test drove the Z06, well, you know how it goes. The speed, power, and torque just took me over and that was the one I picked!!!!!!!!! I love it more everyday I have it! Corvettes are so awesome!!!!!!!

This morning I placed my money in an envelope and put Patrick's address on the front. It is in my mailbox waiting for the mailman to pick it up! I may be new to DC, but I am not new to corvette websites. People who know me know where I have been. You can count on that!!!! DC has impressed me so much in many ways and I have enjoyed this site more than any other. There are several reasons why I think this site is great. Let me list many:

1. The software of DC is second to none. You gotta love the colors and the smileys that are available to place in your posts. Also, the chatroom feature is amazing. I have conversed with many in there and it is a lot of fun. The PM service works great as well and putting up pictures is very easy as well. The software gets the Parrot thumbs up!!!!!

2. The members. Lots of great people here. I love to hang out in many areas within DC, but there is one in particular that I really love. I don't need to say which one as it is not important. But I am sure many know which one it is. The members there are great. Wonderful sense of humors there as well as in the other sections of the forum. I PM with several members and the members here are cool and smart at the same time. The members here get the Parrot thumbs up!!!!!!!

3. The pictures and videos. You gotta love the pictures and the videos. It is so awesome to sit back and watch the corvette videos. I have never seen a forum that allows you to upload videos like this. It is amazing! I gotta learn how to do that as well!!!!! Also, I like how the members can create their own galleries of their pictures thus giving them an identity. That is cool! The pictures and videos get the Parrot thumbs up!!!!!!!!

4. A growing website. This site obviously is continuing to grow. More members and more activities planned. Hopefully, I will be able to make it to one of the planned DC events. I think the ideas here are excellent! Once again, I give the Parrot thumbs up!!!!!!!!

5. The moderators. This is not about a$$kissing. People who know me, can vouch that I tell it like it is. What makes any forum succeed is how it is run!!!!! You can have crummy software, but if you have a great group of people running the place, that site will succeed. Not only does DC have excellent software they have great moderators!!!!!!!!! They are fair and will answer any questions when you contact them whether in the open forums or by PM. They will also help guide you through the threads if you need assistance. In return, they are open to suggestions through the proper channels! That is top notch moderating!!!!!!!! Let me mention a few here although I think EVERYONE here is doing a great job:

69MyWay: This is who told me about DC. He asked me to check out the site and I watched this place for months. I did not join until I saw how well this place was run and the many choices of sections that you have here on DigitalCorvettes to participate in. I owe 69MyWay a big thank you for telling me about this place!!!!!! I am also glad he is a moderator here. Patrick, you made a great choice!!!!!!!

C5d: This guy I did not meet until I joined this site, however I believe we crossed paths in the past in a good way! LOL This guy is an asset to any forum. His knowledge about Corvettes is absolutely amazing! I have seen his posts when he answers questions and he knows his stuff!!!!!! I would feel comfortable asking C5d a question if I had trouble with my Z06. I trust his judgement. Patrick, you made a great choice!!!!!!

Hawaii-5-Lo: Awesome moderator and awesome participant. I think his posts are great and enjoy reading them. I especially appreciated his help with his knowledge of German Shephards. I am looking forward to his pictures. (Hint Hint, LOL). I think it is awesome we have a member/moderator from the state of Hawaii and even a bigger bonus is that he has a blackvette like me!!!!! Patrick, you made a great choice!!!!!!!!!!

Punk Boy: Great moderator and really is into organization. I like that. He is a great watchdog and will organize threads into their proper area very quickly. He is very kind and will answer questions when they are posed to him. You also gotta love his moniker, Punk Boy!!!!! Patrick, you made a great choice!!!!!!

Raidmagic: This guy cracks me up. Great moderator. He is definitely on top of things, and very clever when it comes to dealing with Parrot posts. This is one person I would like to meet one day. This guy obviously likes to have a good time. I was so upset that he lost a part of his family, Sampson. I hope his family is coming along well. I am glad he is part of the DC crew. Exellent choice, Patrick!

The Torch: Man o Man. I don't know where to start with this moderator. You gotta love his avatars. Before I knew him as much as I do now I would ask him questions about the site. He would promptly return PM's. Also, this moderator is usually on in the wee hours of the morning on the graveyard shift. It is funny to send him a PM at 2:30 in the morning. What is even better is he is close to Bowling Green! You can get some great information about that city from The Torch. I underscore that I am pleased that he is part of the DC Crew! Another excellent choice by Patrick!

Stillcrazee: Another great moderator. Answers questions very well and is very clever as well. Has had some excellent comebacks to many Parrot posts. I sometimes ask him about whether or not something I want posted is okay to put up in the forums. He has good judgement and has given me the right advice each and every every time. A real winner. Excellent choice, Patrick.

Flared: This guy is the "Unknown Moderator" Never knew he was a moderator. Still don't know if he is! LOL I remember this guy from the other forum. Great sense of humor. Has an awesome corvette and puts up great pictures. Also, he is from the land of Vegemite which makes him a very interesting member! Patrick, IF HE is part of the DC Crew, you make a wise choice! LOL

Ragvette: LOL! I still don't know where he got his nickname from! He is one hilarious dude!!!!!!! I like him a lot! Excellent moderator and really is on top of things here on DC. Very approachable and will help you navigate through the forums! Patrick excellent choice you made!

Jeff: This moderator I remember from another forum as well. Very knowledgeable about Corvettes. Participates a great deal in my Corvette Trivial Pursuit Game. Very nice person and very approachable. I am glad he is a member here as well as part of the DC crew. I hope one day he puts C5d to shame in my Trivial Pursuit Game. I have great confidence in him. Excellent choice Patrick!

Moore_rb: Just started to get to know this DC crew member. Class act and is another one of those technical geniuses. Ask him a question and you'll get a great answer. Also, takes charge of threads when they get really out of hand. Has a very tactful way of doing so I must say. He also has plans for me to moderate his upcoming Volvo forum! LOL! Excellent DC pit crew member. Patrick, you make a great choice with this one!

Patrick: What can I say? This guy is as cool as they get. He interacts well with the members and has a great sense of humor. He has created an amazing forum with so many members. I think you have really stepped onto something special here. Excellent job. Patrick also listens to when the Parrot squawks when it comes to him making recommendations to better the forum. There have been quite a few upgrades to the site lately and I greatly appreciate it. I really think we should consider taking up a collection to help with a down payment for a Corvette for Patrick. We need to put him back in a Corvette, ASAP! As much as I want to give him one of mine, if I did, I would wake up with 6 bullets in my chest. I am sure you all don't want that to happen? Or do you?????? LOL Patrick's parents made a great choice!!!!!!! LOL

There are a few other DC pit crew members that I have not really had contact with. Hopefully, one day I will cross paths with them and will be able to add them to the list. I am sure they are just as awesome as the ones mentioned above. If I did miss someone and you know the Parrot well, I apologize and make yourself known to me!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Well, I think I said enough for now! I just wanted to let the world know how much the Parrot has been impressed with this site. Those that know me well will vouch that I tell it like it is. I think this site is excellent and I feel it deserves my supporting membership. I want this site to continue to thrive and certainly in order for Patrick to contine to allow that to occur he must maintain operating costs. I would like to help in maintaining the site. Therefore, I am sending my contribution in.

Now, if anyone feels that PARROTS should be restricted from being members, speak now or forever hold your peace!!!!!! The mailman doesn't come to later today and if animals are not allowed, please let me know!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You all enjoy the site. I know I always will!!!!!!!!

Your pal,

Z06 Parrot!!!!!!!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Excellent choice!:thumbsup:

:excited:

:partyon:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
thanks for the kind words :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Z06 Parrot said:
The software gets the Parrot thumbs up!!!!!

The members here get the Parrot thumbs up!!!!!!!

The pictures and videos get the Parrot thumbs up!!!!!!!!

I think the ideas here are excellent! Once again, I give the Parrot thumbs up!!!!!!!!

You all enjoy the site. I know I always will!!!!!!!!

Your pal,

Z06 Parrot!!!!!!!

parrots have thumbs?:huh:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
parrots have thumbs?
Stingray you ask a great question. You see when I post here I have to translate from PARROT SQUAWK to HUMAN TALK. Therefore, the only translation I have to my knowledge is "thumbs up." I will consult the Parrot Translator to see if there are additional translations!!!!!

But great question, though!!!!!!

:laughing:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Z06 Parrot said:
Stingray you ask a great question. You see when I post here I have to translate from PARROT SQUAWK to HUMAN TALK. Therefore, the only translation I have to my knowledge is "thumbs up." I will consult the Parrot Translator to see if there are additional translations!!!!!

But great question, though!!!!!!

:laughing:
ok :cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Jeesh, how did I miss this thread? I wish I caught it earlier!

Parrot, you said the nicest things. I really appreciate that. I have to agree with you about what you said about the other folks, they are A-class, that is for sure. I'm lucky to know them.

If you guys are having fun, then I'm having fun. More to come, that's for sure! <insert evil laugh>

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Wow,thanks for the kind words..
It's great to have you here,that was very well said,as usual.Parrots kick ass....However mine can't type at all.Can sure shread the wood and rope toys up though..:cool:
I love the videos too,especially the different street cars vs vettes in the street racing section....:partyon:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
and no mention of me... his humble conservative from... that other website :eek:

no1 ever mentions me :(

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Dude from down under rocks...:cheers:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
yay :D I got a mention.

eat that parrot!

ps. I may be visiting maui next year in march, and of course honolulu, but im unsure what the stay there will be as my accomodation in maui is cheap as free :) its great having a best mate being half aussie half australian. If you'd like to show off your vette some time :D :D

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Maui is a nice place,i would like to live there,but i work on Oahu.
Let us (Me-Hawaiian Punch-EFI-1) know when the time gets closer,maybe one of us could hook you up with some free or super cheap accomodations..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
sweet.

Would you take a howie? :p

I can generally get accomodation at the bases though so as not to be trouble, (but transport is a bitch out of pearl harbour). I have a uniformed services ID that comes in damn handy in the US. I may be joining the Australian Army at that time though, we shall see. It's all depending on the monetary situation as I move back to Aus in mid feb and then I have to get a job asap to get the funding :) (I want a temp for a month or two job to get my funds up before I join the army).

We shall see what plans out though :) I may be loaded, but I may not as I have to get the vette back home which will cost a few grand.

I may just delay it all for a year or so. I love hawaii, best place on earth imho (besides my homeland :p), my best mate is thinking of moving there too, so I'd have good reason to visit in future. I've been there 4 times (3 to oahu and once to maui, and I loved every time). I would love to get to the north shore some day after the storms to check out the waves, but im too pussy to board in them haha.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and no mention of me... his humble conservative from... that other website :eek:

no1 ever mentions me
Flared: Wait a second, I checked your ID and I do not see "DC Pit Crew" Are you saying you are a member of DC Pit Crew??????????????? If this is the case, that is pretty awesome!!!!!!!!! If I known, I would have added you in, of course!!!!!! Don't you have the number 69 in your name, I thought? I am not sure if you are the same person????? If so, you definitely know me from other places, that is for sure!!!!!!!!!! If you are DC Pit Crew, which is sounds like you are, then Patrick you made a great choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jeesh, how did I miss this thread? I wish I caught it earlier!

Parrot, you said the nicest things. I really appreciate that. I have to agree with you about what you said about the other folks, they are A-class, that is for sure. I'm lucky to know them.

If you guys are having fun, then I'm having fun. More to come, that's for sure! <insert evil laugh>
You are very welcome. I tell is like it is!!!!!! You got a great forum here and expect my contribution to arrive to you in the next couple of days. I included a personalized autographed photo of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maui is a nice place,i would like to live there,but i work on Oahu.
Let us (Me-Hawaiian Punch-EFI-1) know when the time gets closer,maybe one of us could hook you up with some free or super cheap accomodations.
You are very welcome for the kind words, Hawaii-5-lo!!!!!!! You have greatly impressed me, especially!!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!!!!

Would you happen to have room for a freeloading parrot if he decides to visit Hawaii as well???????????

LOL

1 - 20 of 248 Posts